Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Kernel][KK/5.0] Render Kernel [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][KK-R26][L-R6][Synapse][BUMPed]

OP RenderBroken

Today, 08:21 PM   |  #4641  
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JFK-

Synapse is not enable on R8, what do you use to tweak it ?

cyanogenmod 12 has an included funktion in the Settings under "Performence".
Today, 08:22 PM   |  #4642  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/renderbroken/android
Thanks Meter: 6,847

2,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JFK-

Hello,

I just test F2FS on Cache and Data following your tutorial on post #4547 with your R8 Kernel...
... One more time it seem's good (it boot well)!
But I can't get access to my photos and other stuff that I have restore from the backup on my PC.
Thank you.

Edit : I guess a Wipe cache is needed after the restore of the TWRP backup, seem's to be logical, but I will see if it do the trick in 2 min.
Edit 2 : that have not do the trick, I will try to re-restore my data from recovery.
Edit 3 : Done after a re-restore of my data...

A TWRP Backup doesn't backup your personal Data. Kinda like how when you do a factory reset, it doesn't wipe ALL of /data and leaves your files still there. You will have to manually copy DCIM back onto internal storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopter3161

Is this gps hardware problem is on every variant sir? Im on d802 but i dont know if my gps was ever broken. It seems very excellent for me actually with cold boot that take under 30 sec to get fix everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodland

I am currently testing RR with R8 test kernel. My gps does lock but is doing something I never saw before: while traveling it suddenly move my actual position, usually a few blocks back or as it was in the middle of the block (inside a building), for no good reason.
While stopped, it use to start spinning (as if I am doing circles), that one is most probably the gyroscope/accelerometer not calibrated, I saw that issue before, though the ROM does not currently provide a way to calibrate it.
Seems gps driver still need adjustment with lollipop, not related to the kernel though...

For me, GPS is different per rom. Like CM GPS works great now because they separated GPS.conf for each variant instead of a global one.

Also you do sound like you are having Gyrp and Accel sensor issues. All of which make it harder to get GPS location since it wants to know which direction the phone is pointing to in order to calculate directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRapToRiXx

With witch I/O scheduler settings do you get the best performance with the R8 Testbuild and Data and Cache in f2fs format?

Really you will have to just test. At the moment I am trying out FIOPS and am liking it at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 08:54 PM   |  #4643  
OP Senior Member

2,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK, I think I found where the code is failing for profile support. I am building then testing now. Hopefully this will fix it so I can move onto Sound Control.
Today, 08:57 PM   |  #4644  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 322

914 posts
More
Yes, I have copy all my data back to the phone then restore the TWRP backup.
But at first boot it was impossible to access to my data even if the storage informations indicate that the memory was full (15% free).

So I have re-wipe my data and re-copy it and now it work...
Well forget, now it work, thank you again.
Today, 09:21 PM   |  #4645  
OP Senior Member

2,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Profile support finally works correctly. Thanks god that's done. lol. It does close out of Synapse when you restore and you have to open it back up and then hit the "X". Same thing for Config. The difference in Profiles and Configs are as follows:

Profiles save EVERYTHING

Configs Save ONLY things that are pretty universal so it can be shared with other users. Things like Voltage and such will not be shared with Configs.

Pretty soon I will be asking the thread to cook up some kick ass profiles. I want ppl to share them with others on the thread. I may even add them officially to Synapse with User Credit.

Now on to the next issue. . .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 09:51 PM   |  #4646  
Thanks Meter: 343

1,926 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopter3161

Is this gps hardware problem is on every variant sir? Im on d802 but i dont know if my gps was ever broken. It seems very excellent for me actually with cold boot that take under 30 sec to get fix everytime.

The reports are mainly vs 980 users

sent from your moms phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread