[Kernel][KK/5.0] Render Kernel [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][KK-R26][LP-R10][Synapse][BUMPed]

OP RenderBroken

Yesterday, 01:02 PM   |  #5401  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 15

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSJR

Did you reflash the EXACT ROM you originally used?

Yes. But I'll try again.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Yes, still booting forever.
If I reflash this kernel, it boots but system apps are screwy or missing.

Time for a wipe and reflash.
Yesterday, 02:27 PM   |  #5402  
Flag New Albany, IN
Thanks Meter: 543

1,260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorza

Yes. But I'll try again.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Please list your phone model, Render's version, CM12 version and author, Gapps, and any other flashable zips like TestLolliviper or flashable mods. We need all these info to better help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to HueyT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:04 PM   |  #5403  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag /home/renderbroken/android
Thanks Meter: 7,648

2,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
S-S-S-Super Post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuele94

excuse me for my ignorance but the rom lollipop are always based on JB? which changes with rom based kitkat and lollipop?

Well, A few friends of mine wanted to bringup CM12 for the G2. The easiest way to do so without have to rework EVERY dependancy is to use the current blobs, kernel included. The kernel is JB source and was never properly updated when KK came out. It was just easier t pouse KK source and keep the JB kernel/modem/other blobs the same. It was about taking a shortcut and that means you have to use the JB Kernel today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaRsY

Thanks for clearing up!

As I know oem devs pull the neccesary stuff for their device from codeaurora and make their own changes and develop further. N5 kernel source left CAF about 6 months before the actual release. I forget that LG's source is outdated and only patched since the JB source. This explains the kcal merging issues we have.
Screen calibration stuff doesn't looks like a killer feature but once you are able to mess with the values you can see how much improvement can be done. Many can't live without gamma profiles on the N5. Now as I can compare both devices next to each other, the difference is very noticeable and the G2's default values are bit disappointing.

Not a huge problem although, I can live without it, I just thought it's gonna be easier. I really hope the new LG sources will help us. Btw have you checked the leaked verizon lollipop kernel source floating around?

(I think I really have to refresh my English skills lol)

lol your english is fine! No I have not looked at it yet. I am still waiting for with D800 or D802. But for thew KCAL stuff. I have not given up on it and i may try again later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSJR

No issues flashing this kernel over stock CM12. Just did it today.

Simply flash from TWRP, as you would any other .zip.

As far as backup go, either make a nandroid of your entire ROM OR you can simply "dirty" flash ROM again. I suggest the former.

Enjoy!

I agree! Make a backup first. Always Always Always! Thanks for helping him out btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil004

"Fast Charge Updated to 2.4 - Now MAX is 1600ma since Stock charger doesn't go any higher. "

What? Is not true.
Phone max charging is:
- On WEP DC Power Supply PS-305D 1.87A 5.5V
- Orginal charger (with USB Watt Meter) 1.83A 5.3V

Tested with 68% battery.
I use dorimanx kernel and max charge is set up on 2000mA, so max charge on G2 is ~1.9A

Not sure what the problem is. I am using Dori's Fast Charge Code anyways. As of right now MAX is 2000mA.

Quote:

Yes. But I'll try again.

Not sure here, maybe the ramdisk needs to be updated but if it works fine for others I am not sure. Do the issues occur after restoring backups with Titanium Backup?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:20 PM   |  #5404  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 439

400 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderBroken

S-S-S-Super Post!!!

Sorry but based on the definicion of a Super Post, you have to release at least a new kernel too, so that one can't count as a super post.
The F5 party continues.
The Following User Says Thank You to TaRsY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:28 PM   |  #5405  
OP Recognized Developer

2,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry but based on the definicion of a Super Post, you have to release at least a new kernel too, so that one can't count as a super post.
The F5 party continues.

Awe . . . . I guess. . .

So the plan is to just update the ramdisk then release. I plan on doing that tonight. Should not take long but I will need to wait til I get to the house.
Yesterday, 08:46 PM   |  #5406  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 439

400 posts
More
Quote:

Awe . . . . I guess. . .

So the plan is to just update the ramdisk then release. I plan on doing that tonight. Should not take long but I will need to wait til I get to the house.

Just asking. Are you using anykernel update method to keep the roms original ramdisk entrys or it doesn't matter in our case (G2) and overwrites the original one?
Yesterday, 10:51 PM   |  #5407  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 15

137 posts
More
Quote:

S-S-S-Super Post!!!

Not sure here, maybe the ramdisk needs to be updated but if it works fine for others I am not sure. Do the issues occur after restoring backups with Titanium Backup?

I didn't try that.

I wiped /system and re-flashed rom and gapps. All good now.
Thanks
Today, 02:05 AM   |  #5408  
OP Recognized Developer

2,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just asking. Are you using anykernel update method to keep the roms original ramdisk entrys or it doesn't matter in our case (G2) and overwrites the original one?

I have done it before but it opens the door to alot of issues. Especially when users blame the kernel when its really them not making sure the ramdisk is clean before flashing a kernel that users AnyKernel. The way I do it I make sure that it will ALWAYS work with my kernel. I may have to update the ramdisk from time to time but its completely worth it.

Quote:

I didn't try that.

I wiped /system and re-flashed rom and gapps. All good now.
Thanks

Great! Thanks for reporting!
Today, 03:28 AM   |  #5409  
Flag Chesapeake, VA
Thanks Meter: 206

455 posts
More
Quote:

Hey Render, I was looking around some more at potential fixes for people with vs980 mic issues... Installed a fresh rom today. Noticed that in 3c toolbox it was showing -225db or so for mic gain. Opened faux sound which set it to 0 gain... Went back to 3c, it showed 0 now.... I had it add the Sound values to init.d... Here are the line for the mic, perhaps people with the mic issues could try executing them to see if it resolves their issues.

Code:
chmod 666 /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_mic_gain
echo "0 255" > /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_mic_gain
Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoinx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 04:18 AM   |  #5410  
OP Recognized Developer

2,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoinx

Hey Render, I was looking around some more at potential fixes for people with vs980 mic issues... Installed a fresh rom today. Noticed that in 3c toolbox it was showing -225db or so for mic gain. Opened faux sound which set it to 0 gain... Went back to 3c, it showed 0 now.... I had it add the Sound values to init.d... Here are the line for the mic, perhaps people with the mic issues could try executing them to see if it resolves their issues.

Code:
chmod 666 /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_mic_gain
echo "0 255" > /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_mic_gain
Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Great idea. I think this would fix the problem for others out there. I have checked the registers and they look fine but something in your source is messing with something from my kernel and I am not quite sure. i may be able to code something to adjust for it. Still I would love for others to try this out. Its a simple thing to do and hope it works for others. Thanks again!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread