FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Kernel][KK/5.0] Render Kernel [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][KK-R26][LP-R12][Synapse][BUMPed]

20th May 2015, 01:43 PM
OP Recognized Developer
Flag /home/renderbroken/android
Thanks Meter: 9,817

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeebs

Getting the same error on the latest RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinyohh

"Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". Last RR, D802.

Thanks guys for the reports. I do not need anymore right now with R12 since I know its outdated (Ramdisk is at least). I still plan on releasing an AnyKernel Version that should in theory, work for any AOSP Rom but that remains to be seen. Just have been busy lately, as always.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th May 2015, 01:47 PM
Flag Haste
Thanks Meter: 433

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderBroken

Thanks guys for the reports. I do not need anymore right now with R12 since I know its outdated (Ramdisk is at least). I still plan on releasing an AnyKernel Version that should in theory, work for any AOSP Rom but that remains to be seen. Just have been busy lately, as always.

You mean a kernel that runs on different Android version?
20th May 2015, 04:08 PM
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 1,523

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze060906

You mean a kernel that runs on different Android version?

It SHOULD work on any rom that uses similar kernel source. AnyKernel (or something similar Render mentioned) method is really smart idea. In short:
- it takes ramdisk of a kernel used before (should be stock!!)
- injects zImage from AnyKernel package to existing earlier ramdisk
- packs old ramdisk + new zImage to one boot.img
- flash created boot.img to phone

What it means? Any ROM-dependant ramdisk changes doesn't affect bootability of kernel using abovementioned method. However, some significant changes in stock kernel might cause issues (happened on my old S3).

Generally speaking, it's brilliant idea which easies kernel developer work, causes less issues (because of ramdisk changes) and is said to be intelligent as hell

EDIT:
Btw, I don't think it will allow us to boot same kernel on stock LP and aosp LP (BlissPop/RR for example).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hbohd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 383

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderBroken

Couldn't say it any better at times. Like with my OPO, it just works,

Also note that I see a large influx of new G2 owners because the G2 is getting so cheap now.

I don't say this as complaining but more just a gimps of the other side of Dev work. The dark side if you will. This is why devs stop even using XDA. It gets old and makes the whole experience unenjoyable. But I am pretty happy, I can normally brush off such things and understand user frustration. I really just wanted to give you a glimpse of what we as Devs see daily and why someone would drop a device.

This is unbelievably true.

keep calm and Render ON.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mathsz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 07:47 PM
Thanks Meter: 21

More
is R12 work on 5.0 or just 5.1
Today, 08:19 PM
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker07