AnandTech LG G2 review

7th September 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beyond human comprehension
Thanks Meter: 77

383 posts
More
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7251/l...a-quick-look/2
Last edited by *Omnipresent*; 7th September 2013 at 05:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Omnipresent* For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #2  
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 281

1,032 posts
More
That battery life! This could be the deciding factor that puts this phone in my pocket over the Nexus 5. Thanks for posting the review.
7th September 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 15

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchibro

That battery life! This could be the deciding factor that puts this phone in my pocket over the Nexus 5. Thanks for posting the review.

yeah, its a shame they dumb down the nexus line so much (I have the N4)...The new Nexus just passed through the FCC (supposedly) with only a 2300mAh battery

not to mention they will most likely drop the chipset and camera down a notch.

that leaves me with the G2 and a great community of DEVS.
7th September 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #4  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,030

2,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shea-bird

yeah, its a shame they dumb down the nexus line so much (I have the N4)...The new Nexus just passed through the FCC (supposedly) with only a 2300mAh battery

not to mention they will most likely drop the chipset and camera down a notch.

that leaves me with the G2 and a great community of DEVS.

A lot of it has to do with keeping costs low, since Google is doing most of the subsidizing without carrier launches...I'll get a nexus to fill my custom rom fix but the G2 I have a feeling will be my daily driver for a while...the battery life looks to be amaze balls on it.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
7th September 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchibro

Your welcome. AnandTech's reviews are more comprehensive than most. Agreed on the battery life. This helps lessens the sting of it being non removable. Camera and diplay are no slouches either.
7th September 2013, 06:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 4

128 posts
More
It's not even a "full review" says, it's a mini.... I am just amazed at how informative anandtech is.
7th September 2013, 08:03 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 216

940 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akong702

It's not even a "full review" says, it's a mini.... I am just amazed at how informative anandtech is.

In FULL review he should tell us what exactly sound chip is installed inside G2. I'm wondering is 24/192 software related thing, is it Qualcomm QSD 800 related, or some maybe discrete external chip? Does G2 have the same Audience earSmart eS325 as G Pro did or does it newer one? Is it's gsm signal reception better or worse than Moto's, HTC One's and Note3's?
7th September 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 144

396 posts
No mention of the awful bouncing autofocus in videos. An LG problem that has plagued them since the Optimus 4X, G, G Pro, and now G2. It's a dealbreaker for me. I don't see them fixing it anytime soon. They haven't in the past two years as it is. The other thing I notice is in the controlled shots the LG looks a lot nicer than thet S4 with the colors and the (lack of) sharpening. However, in the random outdoor shots, real world stuff, it just looks real bleh. Fuzzy, grainy, with weird luminance. Reminds me of a VHS tape.

Anandtech is better at interpreting charts and graphs and technical details than at actual phone comparisons and expert opinion. At least they have full size pictures and downloadable videos to make your own conclusions.
7th September 2013, 10:36 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201

However, in the random outdoor shots, real world stuff, it just looks real bleh. Fuzzy, grainy, with weird luminance.

HUH? Im no LG apologist but almost all the pics I have seen, the G2 shots look excellent. Most if not all the reviews I have seen, also praise the G2's camera very highly. Please link me to these fuzzy, grainy, pics you speak of.
7th September 2013, 11:53 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 492

1,343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201

No mention of the awful bouncing autofocus in videos. An LG problem that has plagued them since the Optimus 4X, G, G Pro, and now G2. It's a dealbreaker for me. I don't see them fixing it anytime soon. They haven't in the past two years as it is. The other thing I notice is in the controlled shots the LG looks a lot nicer than thet S4 with the colors and the (lack of) sharpening. However, in the random outdoor shots, real world stuff, it just looks real bleh. Fuzzy, grainy, with weird luminance. Reminds me of a VHS tape.

Anandtech is better at interpreting charts and graphs and technical details than at actual phone comparisons and expert opinion. At least they have full size pictures and downloadable videos to make your own conclusions.

You might consider that it's your eyes, and not the photos. I see no fuzzy, grainy pictures with weird luminance. Perhaps, you've just been blessed with the vision of a Hawk, in which case, you'll never be happy with any pictures from any phone. Yes, it is a phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread