Disable apps or delete them with any root manager ?

Search This thread

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Is it better to just disable system apps or fully delete them ?

There is ABSOLUTELY zero reason to touch any apps in /system, period. Ever. If you do, it will break OTAs, if you delete the wrong thing you'll have to reflash the ROM to recover, etc.

Settings-Apps->All, look for the ones you want to disable, do it there. If you can't disable them there, use pm disable com.app.name. If somehow you disable something critical, you can always factory reset to go back to normal.

If you touch /system, factory reset won't un-break what you did.

Godra

Jan 11, 2011
Mostar
I always delete apps I dont use and want by deleting them from /system/app and /system/priv-app and I never had any problem or issue with it.

Also, currently, I use CloudyStock so I dont worry about OTA incompatibility.

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
More better is to disable or freeze unused apps. Why to delete? If you delete any essentially app from system your phone can be damaged.

Sent from my d802 via tapatalk

Robi959

Mar 11, 2011
Yes i think same maybe is better just disable apps. They will not work and that is it. Maybe phone when we delete some app trying to find that app and just cause problems. With disable is more secure..

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
I always delete what I don't want from my phone rather than simply disabling the apps. Of course, I've been tinkering with my phones for years, so I know what I'm doing. I also don't take OTA updates, so ruining the ability to do so is not a concern for me.