Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Fix]Screen doesn't wake on incoming call

OP demoncamber

3rd July 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194

945 posts
*WARNING: Do not manually set your screen off frequency lower than 1Ghz. This will cause screen wake on call issues*

I get near instant screen wake on call with this and anyone is welcome to test it out.
Added the xml as an attachment that you can just extract and import directly into tasker!

Requirements are:
-Must be rooted
-Tasker app

I actually have a bit of a better more optimized profile now. Attachment XML incoming. What this actually does is allows you to set as low as you want screen off cpu frequency in the first part, and then when the phone rings it will boost the cpu to max set frequency, or anything you want to set it to manually above 1GHz will work.

First things first, download the attachment, then first import the 3 files ending in tsk.xml into tasker, they should show up in your tasks section, then import the one ending in prf.xml

Then you can set whatever frequencies you want for your screen off max freq in "display off cpu" task in tasker, this can be basically anything. Then you can open the "Wake_On_Ring" task and set that max freq to anything ABOVE 1000mhz. I have it default set at 1.9GHz and it works almost instantly for me on call. But it's up to you. After that, everything is good to go.

Here's what it looks like:

Profile: Display Off Wake On Ring (27)
State: Display State [ Is off ]
Enter: Display Off Ring Manager (52)
A1: Perform Task [ Name display Off Cpu Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop off ] If [ %PHONEWASRINGING eq OFF ]
A2: Perform Task [ Name:Wake On Ring Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop off ] If [ %PHONEWASRINGING eq ON ]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wake on ring.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 45 views)
Last edited by demoncamber; 18th July 2014 at 11:48 PM.
3rd July 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,121

7,021 posts
More
I've done something similar to this in the past, but curious.. Why did you decide you needed to turn auto brightness off, full, then auto back on? And did you test this in your pocket, so to speak, to make sure you weren't going to pocket-answer?
3rd July 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

945 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

I've done something similar to this in the past, but curious.. Why did you decide you needed to turn auto brightness off, full, then auto back on? And did you test this in your pocket, so to speak, to make sure you weren't going to pocket-answer?

Just in testing, trying to basically brute force everything that can wake the device.
Still testing and tweaking as we type. I have a few more things to try to see if I can get a better result.
4th July 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

945 posts
Ok I've updated and fixed the profile, now it's super simple and has no extra crazy options.
This should wake your screen no problems, every time.
18th July 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

945 posts
Task is now completely reworked and updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to demoncamber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoncamber

Task is now completely reworked and updated.

I canīt import the profile. i can find it after clicking on import, but when i choose it, it says import failed. Any tipp?
26th July 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 102

876 posts
Error: bad packed data format

/welp \°/
26th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 200

1,157 posts
More
just reporting that D801 with latest KK doesn't have this issue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread