Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Please... Messed up new LG G2

Tip us?

rockon83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Help Please... Messed up new LG G2

Hey Guys... I've been searching XDA and the internet for a couple hours now on this, and am finally posting. I just got a new LG G2 on AT&T. I rooted with Towelroot, and rushed to change the DPI in Build.Prop without installing TWRP first, which was quite stupid... I changed it from 480 to 400 which has worked for me in the past on a previous G2 (on Verizon)...I don't have USB debugging enabled either.

In any case, when the phone boots up, it shows the AT&T logo, and then an error "Unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped". I can hit OK...then I get a screen with just the wallpaper and an error "Unfortunately Home has stopped", and I can't hit anything.. it doesn't respond.

I installed the phone drivers from LG's site... I can't seem to connect via ADB or Fastboot (although I less familiar with Fastboot)... If I enter recovery by holding down power and volume down, it asks if I want to reset the phone, but doing so just gives me an error "error: boot certification verify" and reboots...

Is there any way I can connect via adb, fastboot, or some method to modify the build.prop file?

Thank you!!

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 709
@rockon83 I dont think there is a way to enter fastboot mode like that without a modded bootloader and adb also not.
You can try to get into download mode and flash stock kdz/tot again and then normal flash to keep your app data.
Devices History
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"The greatest ideas are the simplest." William Golding
"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far
The Following User Says Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rockon83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks wulsic... If I press and hold the volume up and then plug in the usb cable, it just shows the charging battery symbol... I can't seem to get into download mode....

Am I screwed?

revan17
Old
Thanks Meter 256
If You're just rooted can't you simply enter stock recovery and factory reset? Turn off the phone, hold vol down + power button together, when LG logo appears release then just hold power button. That should get you into stock recovery where you can factory reset.
LG G2 D802 - running stock 4.4.2.

rockon83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan17 View Post
If You're just rooted can't you simply enter stock recovery and factory reset? Turn off the phone, hold vol down + power button together, when LG logo appears release then just hold power button. That should get you into stock recovery where you can factory reset.
Thanks revan... I tried that and I get an "error: boot certification verify" and the phone simply restarts....

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

xperimentul
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Same situation happened to me except for the not being to get into download mode part. Only way I was able to resolve it was to flash back to stock via the tot method. I used this video How to Unbrick or Restore the LG G2 ATT Version: http://youtu.be/kqw_LFuyHbE
I think there is a thread on here on how to fix not being able to get into download mode. But I think it's for the D802.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Found it, but like I said I don't know if it will help you out.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

daytonasportster
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You can do try a factory reset. Hold down the VOL - and power, when you see the LG logo, let go then press and hold the power again.