3rd July 2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks Meter 4,281
Join Date: Sep 2013
DONATE TO ME
[Kernel] Render Kernel for AOSP/LG ROMs [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x]
RenderBroken's Custom Kernel for AOSP/LG Based Roms!
I am fairly new to Android Development but started out because I wanted to learn and to share what i have learned so far. My goal with this kernel is to be a very fast and stable build that offers some things that the other kernels do not. I want to initiate Development Discussions amongst the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as the new users follow 2 rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.
/* *** Disclaimer
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
* if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Built with Custom A15 Linaro 4.8.3 Toolchain thanks to pinkflozd
* -O3 and Linaro 4.8.3 patches
* Powersuspend Thanks yank555 and Faux
* Falcon_hotplug by Blechd0se!! Ultra Simple but even more effective!
* Intelliactive and Intellidemand from Faux
* sweep2wake (S2W) & doubletap2wake (DT2W)
* FIOPS, ROW, BFQ-v7, SIO, DEADLINE, NOOP, CFQ Schedulers
* GCC Tweaks for Cortex A15
* Color Calibration Thanks to Savoca
* KSM from CAF
* USB Fast Charge (ON/OFF Toggle)
* New LZ4 Compressor/Decompressor: Just plain fast!
* Numerous CAF Patches!
I recommend Tricktermod for Kernel Tuning
* Boot into Recovery
* (Recommended) Make a complete backup of entire rom
* Flash Zip
First I want to say thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and responded to my pm's when I know they are busy with their own lives. Pretty much everyone I have come into contact with here on XDA has been truly helpful and respectful. Here is a list of people that had helped me in one way or the other:
myfluxi, Dorimanx, Neobuddy89, Savoca, Faux123, Blechd0se, and Many More!
Thank you guys! Without your contributions to the community we would not have the level of performance, stability and interaction that we have today
Thank you guys for your help with testing my kernels!
[Kernel] Render Kernel for AOSP/LG ROMs [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x] , Kernel for the LG G2
Kernel Special Features: