FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did the tutorial work for you?

Yes

0 Vote(s)
0%
No

1 Vote(s)
50.00%
Not Sure

1 Vote(s)
50.00%

Lollipop 5.0.2 on LG G2 D802T(Official Update)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Kartik Vashistha, Junior Member on 19th May 2015, 06:37 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello peeps!
This is a small guide to install Lollipop 5.0.2 update to your LG G2 D802T(For other variants,it can work too). I installed it today, and the process was extremely simple! Keep in mind, this is the OFFICIAL update, so before you proceed forward, make sure your device isn't rooted , and is running the stock OS!
Shall we begin?
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download the attached zip file.Extract the attached zip file, and install the tool.
2) Run the tool. Click on "USB drivers" option on your left. It will download the driver's setup files(I had to install two).
3) Install all the drivers.
4)Connect your phone to your computer.
5)The tool will start searching for the update. As soon as the search finishes, it will show "New software update available".
6) Click on "Start upgrade" option on the left.
7) That's it! The software will automatically download and install the lollipop upgrade for you!

Keep in mind that during the installation, DO NOT unplug your phone from your pc,as your phone might get bricked(In English, screwed)!
Keep patience too, since the file is HUGE, and might take some time, depending on your Internet speed. I have a fast internet connection , and it took me totally about 47 min to download and install.
Cheers!

UPDATE: I tested the battery for two days, with some heavy use and got a screen on time of 6 hours+, and was left with 8 % battery! The battery life has improved pretty significantly !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-19-18-17-24.png
Views:	860
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	3321393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-21-20-38-31.png
Views:	588
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	3324875  
Attached Files
File Type: gz LG Support Tool.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (130.6 KB, 342 views)
Last edited by Kartik Vashistha; 21st May 2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Update
The Following User Says Thank You to Kartik Vashistha For This Useful Post: [ View ]

8th June 2015, 10:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks for sharing knowledge
There's one issue that im constantly facing.
Whenver i press update button via "LG Support Tool", a pop up appears stating " Your Phone is on ICS and it'll be upgraded to JB first and then Kitkat"?? Did you came across any of this?
I'm using Kitkat 4.4.2 and i dont know if its a glitch or something.
I'm using latest LG Support Tool and my phone is not rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread