[Q] Can i make OTA update with root ?

15th August 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag challans
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hello everyone! I am a beginner in the modification of Android, having rooted my g2 I followed a tutorial to fix the 4g on AMALBK in France. but I wondered if these changes could cause problems during updates? Can I do the update without fear via lg pc suite or OTA? I'd prefer not to have flashing process or complex changes . Please help me.

Sorry for my bad english.

LG G2 , D80220b, stock rom , root .
17th August 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag challans

3 posts
More
Up
18th August 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,084

6,939 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze974

Hello everyone! I am a beginner in the modification of Android, having rooted my g2 I followed a tutorial to fix the 4g on AMALBK in France. but I wondered if these changes could cause problems during updates? Can I do the update without fear via lg pc suite or OTA? I'd prefer not to have flashing process or complex changes . Please help me.

Sorry for my bad english.

LG G2 , D80220b, stock rom , root .

If you modify the ROM you won't be able to OTA. That includes custom recovery, moving, renaming, or otherwise modifying anything in /system.
18th August 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag challans

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

If you modify the ROM you won't be able to OTA. That includes custom recovery, moving, renaming, or otherwise modifying anything in /system.

Thank you for the answer! How to find a phone like the factory? Can I update with lg pc suite?
18th August 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #5  

3 posts
Lightbulb
I tried updating my phone via OTA the other day, but because I had TWRP recovery, when my system installed the updated, it would boot into TWRP, and.... that was basically it, could not update, had to rollback from a backup I took moments before. Then, in a stroke of genius, I used flashify to restore the original recovery and almost bricked my device.

Big tip for anyone in this situation...

When using flashify, use recovery IMAGE not zip, if you use the zip function, it has to boot into a recovery to use it, so the image file is the preferred method, in my opinion.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread