Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor NFC Range

Tip us?

firstrival
Old
(Last edited by firstrival; 7th August 2014 at 11:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Poor NFC Range

I'm have a T-Mo G2 on stock 4.2.2. The NFC range is extremely poor. It's like less than 1mm. I've tried NFC tags and various tap to pay terminals and it only reads when pressed hard against the back of the phone right on the LG logo after several tries. Has anyone else had the same experience?

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrival View Post
I'm have a T-Mo G2 on stock 4.2.2. The NFC range is extremely poor. It's like less than 1mm. I've tried NFC tags and various tap to pay terminals and it only reads when pressed hard against the back of the phone right on the LG logo after several tries. Has anyone else had the same experience?
It'll read from a few mm with a case on my phone. 1mm seems a bit small, especially when you have trouble with tap and pay, but all in all NFC is a technology that assumes near physical contact. But yours sounds less sensitive than it should be.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

basti2909
Old
Thanks Meter 128
N(near)F(ield)C(ommunication) .. So u have to lay it very near. But not as u said pressed. I tried it 2or3 times in germany here and worked fine. Maybe upgrade to 4.4.2 and try again

Idan73
Old
Thanks Meter 451
From experience range is actually a lot greater than sgs5. Tested on Nfc bluetooth headset and while sgs5 works only from the back. G2 will initiate pairing from both sides of the headset.

Sent from my SM-G900W8
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever!!!"

firstrival
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by basti2909 View Post
N(near)F(ield)C(ommunication) .. So u have to lay it very near. But not as u said pressed. I tried it 2or3 times in germany here and worked fine. Maybe upgrade to 4.4.2 and try again
My Samsung GS3 works from about 1.5cm away. I will try 4.4.2 and see how it goes.