Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ROM with best battery life?

OP GalaxyWhy

6th November 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #1  
GalaxyWhy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Just wondering what you guys think?
I'm currently running CloudyG3 2.0 and I'm getting 3.5 -> 4.5 Hours screen on time but it just doesn't make it through the day

I have a feeling stock was better but I've been on Cloudy for months now. First I was on Flex, now G3. I love the look/feel of G3 UI but not getting through a full day is really starting to annoy me and I feel like its getting worse
6th November 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 685
 
1,047 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
I am running Optimusg3 with dorimanx kernel and I can easily get a full day out of it.
Approx 4-5 hours of SOT, 1h of playing music through Bluetooth and so on.

If I play reaper (a really nice game btw) I can squeeze put 6.5 hours of SOT
6th November 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #3  
GalaxyWhy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

I am running Optimusg3 with dorimanx kernel and I can easily get a full day out of it.
Approx 4-5 hours of SOT, 1h of playing music through Bluetooth and so on.

If I play reaper (a really nice game btw) I can squeeze put 6.5 hours of SOT

I've never flashed a separate kernel. Im guessing it's done through recovery some how. Does the kernel itself have settings to tweak? - I want simplicity haha
6th November 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #4  
vodeblog's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 28
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Dorimanx is pretty simple though. Just select extreme battery save profile then is done. Don't touch others. The pre installed stweak can be used to tweak the kernel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
6th November 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #5  
GalaxyWhy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeblog

Dorimanx is pretty simple though. Just select extreme battery save profile then is done. Don't touch others. The pre installed stweak can be used to tweak the kernel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Does extreme battery save profile affect performance?

Also can I flash it over CloudyG3 or do I need to switch ROM?

Sent from my LG G2 running CloudyG3 🗿
6th November 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  
MrDarkKV's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Does extreme battery save profile affect performance?

Also can I flash it over CloudyG3 or do I need to switch ROM?

Sent from my LG G2 running CloudyG3 🗿

Yes, it downclocks (limits) the CPU to a certain frequency...

Works fine on CloudyG3 though.
6th November 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
These are muy stats using cloudy 1.3 and dorimanx 8.7 set by me.
Hard use of my phone and LTE data.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415306022752.png
Views:	442
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	3002844   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415306030178.png
Views:	440
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	3002845  

The Following User Says Thank You to Thepho3nix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes