Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swipe to turn screen off

Tip us?

Preggy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Default Swipe to turn screen off

I just stumbled upon something kind of weird:
When I swipe across the very bottom of the screen it will turn off. Orientation and position of the navbar does not seem to matter it always works at the bottom of the screen (the side with the lg logo). Direction of the swipe doesn't matter and it works on the lockscreen as well.
I have a D802 running on Mahdi 08/17 with barts v5.x AOSP Dorimanx kernel.
Haven't found anything specific in either rom or kernel thread. Is that hardware related? Bug? Design?...
Touchscreen firmware updated via service menu on stock kk rom around 2-3 months ago...

vPro97
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggy View Post
I just stumbled upon something kind of weird:
When I swipe across the very bottom of the screen it will turn off. Orientation and position of the navbar does not seem to matter it always works at the bottom of the screen (the side with the lg logo). Direction of the swipe doesn't matter and it works on the lockscreen as well.
I have a D802 running on Mahdi 08/17 with barts v5.x AOSP Dorimanx kernel.
Haven't found anything specific in either rom or kernel thread. Is that hardware related? Bug? Design?...
Touchscreen firmware updated via service menu on stock kk rom around 2-3 months ago...
You haven't read the feature list of dorimanx kernel too well, my friend It's a feature in that kernel. You can turn it off in STweaks Hope this helps.
Please hit the "Thanks" button if you found my post useful !

Optimise the battery life of your LG G2 without root!
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Preggy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
You haven't read the feature list of dorimanx kernel too well, my friend It's a feature in that kernel. You can turn it off in STweaks Hope this helps.
Well crap, I say their fault for calling it "sweep2sleep" no wonder I didn't find anything with swipe or slide, found plenty of slide2wake though :P
Thank you for the kind heads up and apologies for the forum clutter.