Swipe to turn screen off

OP Preggy

2nd September 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

188 posts
More
I just stumbled upon something kind of weird:
When I swipe across the very bottom of the screen it will turn off. Orientation and position of the navbar does not seem to matter it always works at the bottom of the screen (the side with the lg logo). Direction of the swipe doesn't matter and it works on the lockscreen as well.
I have a D802 running on Mahdi 08/17 with barts v5.x AOSP Dorimanx kernel.
Haven't found anything specific in either rom or kernel thread. Is that hardware related? Bug? Design?...
Touchscreen firmware updated via service menu on stock kk rom around 2-3 months ago...
2nd September 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 691

1,055 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggy

I just stumbled upon something kind of weird:
When I swipe across the very bottom of the screen it will turn off. Orientation and position of the navbar does not seem to matter it always works at the bottom of the screen (the side with the lg logo). Direction of the swipe doesn't matter and it works on the lockscreen as well.
I have a D802 running on Mahdi 08/17 with barts v5.x AOSP Dorimanx kernel.
Haven't found anything specific in either rom or kernel thread. Is that hardware related? Bug? Design?...
Touchscreen firmware updated via service menu on stock kk rom around 2-3 months ago...

You haven't read the feature list of dorimanx kernel too well, my friend It's a feature in that kernel. You can turn it off in STweaks Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

You haven't read the feature list of dorimanx kernel too well, my friend It's a feature in that kernel. You can turn it off in STweaks Hope this helps.

Well crap, I say their fault for calling it "sweep2sleep" no wonder I didn't find anything with swipe or slide, found plenty of slide2wake though :P
Thank you for the kind heads up and apologies for the forum clutter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread