FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[TASKER][ROOT]Restore Functionality of Back Button LED /Power Button LED on AOSP ROMS

13th December 2014, 11:42 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Hello Everyone.

As you all know our G2 has a Back Button LED /Power Button LED. What I noticed is usually on AOSP based ROMS [CM, Omni, AOKP, PA.....] this LED does not work at all. I have been trying various LED controlling apps but none of them were detecting backlight LED (Including Light Flow). So I did a bit research on how to control LED behavior & now I proudly present you Few of my Profiles

What it Does?
1) Blink LED On The Wake-up.
2) Slow LED Blinking while on call. (2 Profile for this, both are necessary.)

Prerequisite
1) TASKER App You can get it here At Playstore (Note: This is a Paid application and I am NOT advertising this application in case if you don't know what Tasker is)

2) ROOT (if You are on AOSP based ROM most probably you have Root too)

3) File Explorer / Computer to extract Content of ZIP
DO NOT FLASH THE ZIP
Method:
1) Install Tasker application.
2) Copy and Extract the Contents of Zip file in the attachment to /sdcard/Tasker/ ( Create tasker folder if its missing).
3) Now Open the tasker. Select Tasks and Tap on Tasks tab once again that should provide you a menu to Import And Sort. Click on Import and navigate to /sdcard/Tasker/tasks. Import all tasks one by one.
4)Select Profiles and Tap on Profiles tab once again that should provide you a menu to Import And Sort. Click on Import and navigate to /sdcard/Tasker/tasks. Import all Profiles one by one.
5) Enable all the profiles.

TESTED WITH LG D802.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page.jpg
Views:	8322
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	3062034  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tasker_prratha.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.0 KB, 250 views)
Last edited by prratha93; 17th March 2015 at 12:26 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to prratha93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th December 2014, 01:17 PM |#2  
Flag Padova
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Trying now on my D802 with CM11-M12
Seems to work good.

Nice idea!
Thank you very much!
13th December 2014, 02:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Thank you for testing
13th December 2014, 02:47 PM |#4  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,155

More
I personally found that the location of the LED's is not necessarily consistent, although the names generally are. I wrote a script a long time ago to blink various LEDs on the G2.

So if anyone finds it doesn't work, it's probably a path issue. But now that I look at my script, I was looking in /sys/devices and yours points to /sys/class/leds so maybe your path is better, maybe I'll update.

I have my torch flash twice when I get a call and the rear lights flash when I get a notification. But I never did figure out how to do RGB on the front LED, only individual colors.
13th December 2014, 02:57 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Smile That Explains......
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

I personally found that the location of the LED's is not necessarily consistent, although the names generally are. I wrote a script a long time ago to blink various LEDs on the G2.

So if anyone finds it doesn't work, it's probably a path issue. But now that I look at my script, I was looking in /sys/devices and yours points to /sys/class/leds so maybe your path is better, maybe I'll update.

I have my torch flash twice when I get a call and the rear lights flash when I get a notification. But I never did figure out how to do RGB on the front LED, only individual colors.

That may be the reason why Light Flow isn't able to find Backlight led on few G2s.
20th December 2014, 02:03 AM |#6  
Flag Suez
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up really good
its works perfect
but its blink once during call can u modify it for me to make it activated always during call (like stock rom)
20th December 2014, 06:37 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslam Hanafy

its works perfect
but its blink once during call can u modify it for me to make it activated always during call (like stock rom)

During call it blinks continuously on mine version.

Can you test it again ?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
20th December 2014, 07:26 AM |#8  
Flag Suez
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Try it again same issue
I don't recognized problem

20th December 2014, 08:02 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslam Hanafy

Try it again same issue
I don't recognized problem

Umm just tested works in mine.

I want you to do following checks

1.Run the task LED BLINK REPEAT CALL
see if back led is blinking as it should during call

2. Run the task stop led. To stop blinking

Let me know if it works

20th December 2014, 08:27 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Thanks for your hard job.

I confirm that it's running great on my D801.

Could you add an option that the front led will blink as well when waking up the phone, like in stock?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, cm11, cm12, omni, paranoid android
Previous Thread Next Thread