Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

trick & tip don't know how it worked but it did

Tip us?

Robshr
Old
(Last edited by Robshr; 10th July 2014 at 03:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Talking trick & tip don't know how it worked but it did

Ok I can't believe this even worked but ok so I couldn't get knock on to work after flashing a new version of simple kernel on malladus Rom then he revised the kernel into two one with knock code and one without so I flashed the new one with knock code still couldn't get knock on to work with any kernel except dorimanx so I flashed cloudy g3 Rom and flashed the new simple kernel and knock on worked so anyway dumbass me thought ok knock on code might be in the firmware so I decided to to copy the firmware from cloudy g3 and paste it into my malladus backup needless to say that didn't work I got stuck on the boot screen no matter what Rom I restored our anything thing else I tried and I
couldn't get into download mode only fastvoot so I couldn't restore it back to stock using the lg tool so I figured I was f~ed. But I tried something that I never thought was going to work I took a Rom zip I had and deleted the system and boot from inside of it and took the vs98024a ota Update file and put it in the rom zip and then booted into recovery and flashed it well it flashed but I still couldn't boot it still would get stuck on the boot screen so I restored cloudy g3 backup again wiped both caches and low and behold it booted I don't know how but it worked unbelievable but happy me so if you get stuck I a similar situation I hope this helps you
Well I restored malladus ROM just to see if the knock code would work now but sorry to say it still doesn't so if anyone has any ideas on how to get the knock on feature to work again I'm all ears
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

60nine
Old
(Last edited by 60nine; 10th July 2014 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 766

DONATE TO ME
now go and buy a few enter keys

Enjoy my mixes and drop a comment there if you like them: www.soundcloud.com/60nine or www.mixcrate.com/60nine

- LG G2 D802 - Cloudy G3 v1.3 // Dorimanx kernel 7.x
- LG Optimus 2x - AOSPA ParanoidAndroid 4.45 (kk 4.4.4) + Firtecy Kernel kernel #5
- Prestigio Multipad PMP7100D - Stock JB4.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to 60nine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robshr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine View Post

I don't know what a few enter keys would have done to help but I would have tried anything
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr View Post
I don't know what a few enter keys would have done to help but I would have tried anything
Lol...to space that super-paragraph out a bit
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesd1085 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robshr
Old
(Last edited by Robshr; 10th July 2014 at 04:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085 View Post
Lol...to space that super-paragraph out a bit
Lol yeah a bit long winded just one big run-on sentence lol

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,081
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to khaytsus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

60nine
Old
Thanks Meter 766

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine View Post
it was a friendly tip for any of your future posts...

drop a paragraph here and there, your post was an eye killer to read on xda app... just that...

cheers
Enjoy my mixes and drop a comment there if you like them: www.soundcloud.com/60nine or www.mixcrate.com/60nine

- LG G2 D802 - Cloudy G3 v1.3 // Dorimanx kernel 7.x
- LG Optimus 2x - AOSPA ParanoidAndroid 4.45 (kk 4.4.4) + Firtecy Kernel kernel #5
- Prestigio Multipad PMP7100D - Stock JB4.1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to 60nine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]