trick & tip don't know how it worked but it did

Search This thread

Robshr

Oct 8, 2012
Allentown
Ok I can't believe this even worked but ok so I couldn't get knock on to work after flashing a new version of simple kernel on malladus Rom then he revised the kernel into two one with knock code and one without so I flashed the new one with knock code still couldn't get knock on to work with any kernel except dorimanx so I flashed cloudy g3 Rom and flashed the new simple kernel and knock on worked so anyway dumbass me thought ok knock on code might be in the firmware so I decided to to copy the firmware from cloudy g3 and paste it into my malladus backup needless to say that didn't work I got stuck on the boot screen no matter what Rom I restored our anything thing else I tried and I
couldn't get into download mode only fastvoot so I couldn't restore it back to stock using the lg tool so I figured I was f~ed. But I tried something that I never thought was going to work I took a Rom zip I had and deleted the system and boot from inside of it and took the vs98024a ota Update file and put it in the rom zip and then booted into recovery and flashed it well it flashed but I still couldn't boot it still would get stuck on the boot screen so I restored cloudy g3 backup again wiped both caches and low and behold it booted I don't know how but it worked unbelievable but happy me so if you get stuck I a similar situation I hope this helps you
Well I restored malladus ROM just to see if the knock code would work now but sorry to say it still doesn't so if anyone has any ideas on how to get the knock on feature to work again I'm all ears

Last edited:

60nine

now go and buy a few enter keys :)

9nrii.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OrrPenn18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I can't believe this even worked but ok so I couldn't get knock on to work after flashing a new version of simple kernel on malladus Rom then he revised the kernel into two one with knock code and one without so I flashed the new one with knock code still couldn't get knock on to work with any kernel except dorimanx so I flashed cloudy g3 Rom and flashed the new simple kernel and knock on worked so anyway dumbass me thought ok knock on code might be in the firmware so I decided to to copy the firmware from cloudy g3 and paste it into my malladus backup needless to say that didn't work I got stuck on the boot screen no matter what Rom I restored our anything thing else I tried and I
    couldn't get into download mode only fastvoot so I couldn't restore it back to stock using the lg tool so I figured I was f~ed. But I tried something that I never thought was going to work I took a Rom zip I had and deleted the system and boot from inside of it and took the vs98024a ota Update file and put it in the rom zip and then booted into recovery and flashed it well it flashed but I still couldn't boot it still would get stuck on the boot screen so I restored cloudy g3 backup again wiped both caches and low and behold it booted I don't know how but it worked unbelievable but happy me so if you get stuck I a similar situation I hope this helps you
    Well I restored malladus ROM just to see if the knock code would work now but sorry to say it still doesn't so if anyone has any ideas on how to get the knock on feature to work again I'm all ears

9nrii.jpg
    I don't know what a few enter keys would have done to help but I would have tried anything

Lol...to space that super-paragraph out a bit

it was a friendly tip for any of your future posts...

drop a paragraph here and there, your post was an eye killer to read on xda app... just that...

cheers