Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How i like my G2
Couldn't have asked for more, best ever 30 81.08%
Below par, ok but could have been better 7 18.92%
Want to return/sell right now. Crap. 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

G2 user experience review

Tip us?

varunkumars
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default G2 user experience review

International, Verizon, T-mobile and AT&T G2 devices.

Now that many of you have the G2. Please provide your review. Keep it simple just so a common user can understand. Dislikes also if any.

. User experience (speed, fluidity, lags)

. Features that you like(including display)

. Battery

. Build quality(Screen, plastic, charger, headphones etc)

Also please mention your carrier (International, Verizon, T-mobile or AT&T)

Darkestred
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunkumars View Post

Now that many of you have the G2. Please provide your review. Keep it simple just so a common user can understand. Dislikes also if any.

. Battery

I'm not very picky so here we go:

User Experience has been great. i'm coming from an s3. I like the sleekness of the device. The thin bezels make the s3 seem clunky. Navigating menu's and around the phone has been fantastic. Of course some of this novelty is due to a new toy, but this really is a superb phone imo.

Features I really like the knock knock feature. quickmemo is neat but maybe a novelty.

Battery Battery has been very nice. I have yet to charge my phone and its been 24 hours. Got it at around 77% had it plugged into computers for about 10 minutes trying to get adb to work. It's down to 30% now. Wifi does not drain. I went down 5% in 7 hours.

Build Quality Build quality seems very sturdy. Back plate is a little "Mushy" if you press it. The heft really makes it feel premium. Screen is very nice. No headphones but i have much better headphones than the $22 quadbeats (which aren't bad).

Verizon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkestred For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heffzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 172
The statusbar toggle in the nav bar might be the best idea I've seen in awhile, knock on is also a nice feature. Only lag I experienced was using swiftkey and going back to home, which other have also noted.
Verizon also
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to heffzilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ratchetjaw
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffzilla View Post
The statusbar toggle in the nav bar might be the best idea I've seen in awhile, knock on is also a nice feature. Only lag I experienced was using swiftkey and going back to home, which other have also noted.
Verizon also
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
Just got mine. What do you mean status bar toggle in nav bar?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
Just got mine. What do you mean status bar toggle in nav bar?

Also sucks seems at&t version doesn't have the browser set up for q slide

jsho31
Old
(Last edited by jsho31; 13th September 2013 at 08:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 75
It's a great phone. I wasn't keen on LG phones after using the G Pro and the G but this made me change how I felt. It's on par with every other flagship. I sold my One and will probably sell my S4 and be down to just 1 phone for the first time in a while.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

big70tom
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunkumars View Post

. Battery

Verizon Variant, I previously owned N4, ONE, DNA, and S3, so my comparisons are based off those.

User Experience
This is absolutely the smoothest,lag free phone I've EVER used. Its ridiculous

Features
The display is beautiful, I like it better than my ONE. Having such thin bezels makes it really pop. Hard to really explain. I love the keyboard, I've always preceded Swiftkey, but do not feel the need to switch on this phone. The mms has customization features above any other phone I've had, and the lay out of everything from dialer to settings is absolutely stunning.
Only complaint-The ONE with Boomsound spoiled me. I miss the quality of the external speakers, Verizon removed one of the dual speakers on there G2 to fit in the wireless charging and you can tell. Its not bad, just not amazing like everything else on this phone. Back to Bluetooth speaker for my podcasts. But really no,big deal. The camera is the best I've ever used. Better than ONE and my wife's S4. Picture quality and interface.

Battery
I've had this a full day. I charged it fully overnight and have been using it regularly, browsing internet, since 630 am so that's 7 hours of usage and I'm on 71%. Exact same usage on my ONE and phone would be dead an hour ago and plugged in. Battery is EXCELLENT.

BUILD QUALITY

I am not a,fan of Samsung at all because I hate the feel of there phones. Feel cheap. I was concerned about the G2 feeling the same because it's plastic as well. It doesn't. Maybe it's because of the way they stepped there battery but it feels extremely solid. The weight to it makes it feel really good in your hand, and there is no" hollow" feel to it. The plastic back feels nice and looks beautiful. I wish Verizon hadn't changed the back buttons though, but that's super minor.

As you can tell, I've drunk the cool aid and am going back for seconds. This phone is the best I've ever owned. P E R I O D

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to big70tom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

randyspants
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by big70tom View Post
...Verizon removed one of the dual speakers on there G2 to fit in the wireless charging and you can tell.
Don't worry all g2 only have one speaker, the two grills on the international/att is just for looks and the microphone.

razball
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Damn what do you do for a living lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jsho31
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by razball View Post
Damn what do you do for a living lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2