T-Mobile LG G2 OTA update contains knock-code and Google wallet Tap2Pay

OP RiverdALIEN

6th July 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

119 posts
Stock rom version 80120E is the latest one. Everybody should get it if possible. In addition to the above updates the lockscreen displays full screen album art from Google play music app. I've experienced far less frequent playback errors also.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th July 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

222 posts
More
I've seen this, but my question about it is, does it mess up root/custom recovery?
8th July 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I second this. Just received the update today but I'm hesitant to install it. I still have stock recovery but I am rooted. Don't want to mess anything up. So if anyone who's rooted installed the update without problems let me know!

Sent from my LG-D801
8th July 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Malibu
Thanks Meter: 59

126 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick09

I second this. Just received the update today but I'm hesitant to install it. I still have stock recovery but I am rooted. Don't want to mess anything up. So if anyone who's rooted installed the update without problems let me know!

Sent from my LG-D801

I'm rooted but I have custom recovery on mine (TWRP) and it was Hell... HELL! It took me 7 hours throughout the whole night to recover it, it was going back to TWRP every single time. But searching here in this fine website paid off! I'm not going to touch any OTA until I know more on how to prevent that again.
8th July 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #5  

10 posts
I had a similar experience when I upgraded to KitKat. Lost so much including pictures and videos that couldn't be replaced or recovered. Took hours just to get my phone working again. Never want to go through that again!

Sent from my LG-D801
8th July 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 53

221 posts
More
Please look at the T-Mobile specific forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-g2

Read here after message 545: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...664028&page=55

I was rooted and had TWRP. I upgraded using the LG service tool and had no issues. I lost root and recovery but was able to re-root using towelroot.
The Following User Says Thank You to diamond12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 107

405 posts
More
I was rooted and installed the uodate. I lost root and so far no chance of direct rooting. Good thing is that now we can choose runtime option, either dalvik or art.
9th July 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #8  
Flag Malibu
Thanks Meter: 59

126 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond12

Please look at the T-Mobile specific forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-g2

Read here after message 545: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...664028&page=55

I was rooted and had TWRP. I upgraded using the LG service tool and had no issues. I lost root and recovery but was able to re-root using towelroot.

Cool Confirmed, it worked for me as well, through the LG Support tool. Never taking it OTA ever again. And yes, I lost root as well and I've used towelroot before. I'm not sure if I'll install a custom recovery any time soon. Nearly bricked my LG G2 enough times already.
Last edited by deathbytalkshow; 9th July 2014 at 01:08 AM.
9th July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #9  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCroyx

I was rooted and installed the uodate. I lost root and so far no chance of direct rooting. Good thing is that now we can choose runtime option, either dalvik or art.

Have you tried using towelroot? From what I read it seems to work fine. I hope it does at least. I can live without knock code, but not having root would be a problem.

Sent from my LG-D801
The Following User Says Thank You to rick09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 107

405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick09

Have you tried using towelroot? From what I read it seems to work fine. I hope it does at least. I can live without knock code, but not having root would be a problem.

Sent from my LG-D801

Tried towelroot and no succes. It simply said device not supported yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread