5,815,061 Members 37,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there any vanilla KitKat 4.4.4 roms?

Tip us?

astaccz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Is there any vanilla KitKat 4.4.4 roms?

Is there any vanilla clean no features pure AOSP Roms for the g2 Verizon? I am interested in one. If not is there anyone that can build a Rom. I'm willing to donate for a pure AOSP Rom.

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by astaccz View Post
Is there any vanilla clean no features pure AOSP Roms for the g2 Verizon? I am interested in one. If not is there anyone that can build a Rom. I'm willing to donate for a pure AOSP Rom.
I have d801 and have been trying to find one as well for mine...would also donate if anyone knows how to build...

pottyvick
Old
Thanks Meter 163
while there are no Vanilla one's per se... there are many great AOSP roms, mahdi rom for one is great and very stable. Just dont use any of the features it has and it will look like stock...
DEVICE: At7t LG G2 (On T-mobile)
ROM: Mahdi-Rom
Kernel: Render R5

astaccz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085 View Post
I have d801 and have been trying to find one as well for mine...would also donate if anyone knows how to build...
Yes I came from a nexus device and just loved rastakat vanilla builds. Perfect the way I like it. I tried to port myself the hammerhead AOSP Rom but it get bootloop. Don't know how to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottyvick View Post
while there are no Vanilla one's per se... there are many great AOSP roms, mahdi rom for one is great and very stable. Just dont use any of the features it has and it will look like stock...
Thanks for that recommendation. I will try it out now. Cloudy g3 been alright. I just hate the mms bug.

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottyvick View Post
Already on mahdi...lol...my go to now without a nexus or gpe rom

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,756

DONATE TO ME
Your most vanilla aosp rom is going to be Paranoid Android. It is quite vanilla.

LG G3 - VS985

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,826
Omni and paranoid android.

Sent from my Vs980 running Omni 4.4.4

phatmanxxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU View Post
Your most vanilla aosp rom is going to be Paranoid Android. It is quite vanilla.
Does Viper4Audio work with PA? Its kind of a hit or miss with the AOSP ROMs, so far it only works with CM after flashing a few of them.
I am phatman and I am a flashaholic
LG G2 D800

Jank4AU
Old
(Last edited by Jank4AU; 14th August 2014 at 09:40 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,756

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
Does Viper4Audio work with PA? Its kind of a hit or miss with the AOSP ROMs, so far it only works with CM after flashing a few of them.
I believe it did a while ago. However the main dev is on hiatus and the sources have changed some with the new guy. But, it may still work. Make a backup and give it a try.

There is also this AOKP by Rohan:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546994

LG G3 - VS985