Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Advantages of non expandable memory? (Security)

OP akshaypatil869

1st September 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

29 posts
Correct me, because it just hit my mind that it would be kind of advantageous not having an expandable memory. For example, if our phones were to be stolen by an average thief, it would be quite easy to access micro sd data, regardless of the password protection on the phone. Whereas, for non expandable phones, the data isn't accessible unless one has unlocked the phone after connecting.
Well anyways, my question here is that is there any foolproof method of protecting personal data on phone? Also, can whatsapp be relied? Any more methods you can think of can be added below.
First being that don't use cloud services for private data. (something we learnt from today's leaks :P) Not that I ever have, for sharing photos with family, I've always encrypted my data (with aes 256) before uploading on mediafire. At least it gives me a little piece of mind. :P
1st September 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 243

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaypatil869

Correct me, because it just hit my mind that it would be kind of advantageous not having an expandable memory. For example, if our phones were to be stolen by an average thief, it would be quite easy to access micro sd data, regardless of the password protection on the phone. Whereas, for non expandable phones, the data isn't accessible unless one has unlocked the phone after connecting.
Well anyways, my question here is that is there any foolproof method of protecting personal data on phone? Also, can whatsapp be relied? Any more methods you can think of can be added below.
First being that don't use cloud services for private data. (something we learnt from today's leaks :P) Not that I ever have, for sharing photos with family, I've always encrypted my data (with aes 256) before uploading on mediafire. At least it gives me a little piece of mind. :P

In KitKat I saw an Encrypt Phone option which is really awesome for internal storage.

Moreover Google if forcing OEMs to remove microSD card slot so that People are dependent on their cloud services.
Google was us to be fully dependent on them.
Which is not so awesome .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread