Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android L and the LG G2?

Tip us?

jcmaddox1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Default [Q] Android L and the LG G2?

I would like to know if anybody is working on porting the dev preview. I have it running on my Nexus 4 and its is perfectly stable and honestly I would go as far as to say good enough for a daily driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmaddox1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 906

DONATE TO ME
Still has some problems like app compatibility and a few quirky bugs like MMS failing while connected to WiFi but overall I've heard it was pretty fast and battery efficient.

At this point I haven't heard or seen anything released outside of themes.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

Devhux
Old
Thanks Meter 71
There really isn't much point porting the Dev preview as there are still quite a few quirks that would probably just become worse with a port. I can't see a developer wanting to spend time porting a rom that really isn't meant as a daily driver even on the devices it's designed for. It would be tough to figure out if a bug is caused by code in the preview build itself, or the ported code.

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait until the final release of L for developers to port it (and even then it may take time to iron out the bugs)