Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Beam Greyed Out, Won't Work (NFC,S-Beam)

27th August 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hello XDA. I have problem with my International LG G2 (D802) with my NFC. I go to settings and turn on NFC and after a 15 seconds turning on the nfc greyed out again. Like self turn off. I don't get it. when i restore to stock firmware the same problem.
Any solution for that?

I am using CloudyG3 1.3 ROM

Thanks!
27th August 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #2  
sai777's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Could it be a problem with the kernel? If not you may have a botched device.
27th August 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
How can i know about the kernel and how to change it or something to see if it works becouse of that? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
27th August 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai777

Could it be a problem with the kernel? If not you may have a botched device.

And when i turn on its blinking and then again turn it off. Help!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
27th August 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #5  
sai777's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
You can check your kernel through ADB. This is the input you put, without quotes.
"adb shell cat /proc/version"
And to change kernel, you simply do what you do when flashing a rom and flash the new kernel.
27th August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai777

You can check your kernel through ADB. This is the input you put, without quotes.
"adb shell cat /proc/version"
And to change kernel, you simply do what you do when flashing a rom and flash the new kernel.

Can u link me to some newer version of kernel that i can download and flash it?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
27th August 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #7  
sai777's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_62

Can u link me to some newer version of kernel that i can download and flash it?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Always make a nandroid backup through recovery.
I would suggest you use either Dorimanx (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725023) or RenderKernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-roms-t2803929).
Dorimanx is for Stock Rom while use RenderKernel if you want to go to AOSP based roms.
27th August 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai777

Always make a nandroid backup through recovery.
I would suggest you use either Dorimanx (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725023) or RenderKernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-roms-t2803929).
Dorimanx is for Stock Rom while use RenderKernel if you want to go to AOSP based roms.

I flashed dorimanx new kernel and still not working. Any other ideas?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
27th August 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #9  
sai777's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_62

I flashed dorimanx new kernel and still not working. Any other ideas?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Then I'm guessing the problem is a hardware one. Have you ever dropped or bumped your phone? Even if you haven't have how long has this problem been occurring? Ever since you bought the phone or recently. This is because even though it could be a software problem, if you flashed the roms and kernels correctly, there shouldn't be any nfc issues in all of them. So in any case, I suggest you try to get the phone replaced or fixed.
27th August 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai777

Then I'm guessing the problem is a hardware one. Have you ever dropped or bumped your phone? Even if you haven't have how long has this problem been occurring? Ever since you bought the phone or recently. This is because even though it could be a software problem, if you flashed the roms and kernels correctly, there shouldn't be any nfc issues in all of them. So in any case, I suggest you try to get the phone replaced or fixed.

Ok thanks!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes