Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot animation

Tip us?

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1614

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
after some testing with the improved images by jank I have got the boot animation working at 45fps which is highest speed accepted with my rom it goes up to venom now which is a lot more then before since it stopped before reaching red skull links below:
fr pretty much everyone-right this way please
sprint users-follow me sir

sorry took a while because my upload speed is horrible

hey goast I urge you to do the following:
download zip and extract then copy all your boots/shutdown animations and zip it up then in system/media delete all animations except the bootanimation.zip/shutdownanimation.zip and flash the non sprint one and if it works no then you can use normal animations if not then flash the zip with your stock animations
Wonder if you could get it all to play if you got rid of the LG logo animation...unless you just like seeing it. [emoji6]

ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ 2014-06-29
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.7.0.0

XxZombiePikachu
Old
(Last edited by XxZombiePikachu; 9th July 2014 at 08:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1095
after some testing with the improved images by @Jank4AU I have got the boot animation working at 45fps which is highest speed accepted with my rom(should be hardware limitation) it goes up to venom now which is a lot more then before since for me it stopped before reaching red skull, links below:
for pretty much everyone-right this way please
for sprint users-follow me sir

hey @goast I urge you to do the following:
download zip and extract then copy all your boots/shutdown animations and zip it up then in system/media delete all animations except the bootanimation.zip/shutdownanimation.zip and flash the non sprint one and if it works no then you can use normal animations if not then flash the zip with your stock animations

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU View Post
If you look at our desc.txt files you'll see our screen dims and framerate are way different
I am on g3 ported rom so that will be different to stock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goast
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
after some testing with the improved images by @Jank4AU I have got the boot animation working at 45fps which is highest speed accepted with my rom(should be hardware limitation) it goes up to venom now which is a lot more then before since for me it stopped before reaching red skull, links below:
for pretty much everyone-right this way please
for sprint users-follow me sir

hey @goast I urge you to do the following:

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I am on g3 ported rom so that will be different to stock
Worked like a charm thank you

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Thanks Meter 1095
Quote:
Wonder if you could get it all to play if you got rid of the LG logo animation...unless you just like seeing it. [emoji6]
if I knew how to remove the stock lg logo that would be awesome but it is a part of rom and I have no clue where it's files are to at least change it to something else
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1614

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
if I knew how to remove the stock lg logo that would be awesome but it is a part of rom and I have no clue where it's files are to at least change it to something else
Oh, I thought you guys were saying the bootanimation.zip file was that LG logo part...

ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ 2014-06-29
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.7.0.0

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Thanks Meter 1095
Quote:
Oh, I thought you guys were saying the bootanimation.zip file was that LG logo part...
I wish that was it, but that is not the case when you first power it on and shows the lg logo that is built into the stock rom with no way of changing/removing it and then after that it is followed by the bootanimation.zip which on att is the white and blue little world, while on the g3 it is another lg logo on the Korean/international variants(that's right they thought one wasn't enough apparently)