Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Bootloop, no recovery - how to shutdown the phone

OP poundesville

19th July 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Hello,

I'm on LG G2 Stock Rom on Kit Kat (4.4.2). The phone is rooted but no custom recovery as I just need "root" to run Titanium backup.
Yesterday, I attempted to update the 1 XML file to increase speaker volume. Upon restart the phone will stuck on LG logo and does nothing.

I can access download mode. So now, i'm downloading LG Flash Tool and KDZ file for my phone to flash all back to stock.

The question is now: how do I turn off the phone? Pressing power button will simply restart the phone - it never goes to off.

Another question: if I don't install any custom recovery, is there any stock recovery installed? When I attempted to go to recovery (by pressing volume down + power method), I was presented with Factory reset questions. I clicked OK twice and then Android logo appears (it seems like it's attempting to really do a factory reset) and then phone reboots.

If I can go to stock recovery, I hope I can access the storage inside and redo what I did yesterday.

Anyone can help? Or share some knowledge?
Thanks
19th July 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
The latest software upgrade was installed by using LGMobile support tool. I'm back to stock and finish with ioRoot.
Now, going to use AutoRec to install recovery (better to have custom now, so if this happens again, I have a way to access my phone data).

No answers given but it's no longer urgent now. Still if anyone found a way to off the phone when boot looping other than waiting for battery to run dry, by all means, please reply the thread.

Thanks.
19th July 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #3  
username4this's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 115
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poundesville

The latest software upgrade was installed by using LGMobile support tool. I'm back to stock and finish with ioRoot.
Now, going to use AutoRec to install recovery (better to have custom now, so if this happens again, I have a way to access my phone data).

No answers given but it's no longer urgent now. Still if anyone found a way to off the phone when boot looping other than waiting for battery to run dry, by all means, please reply the thread.

Thanks.

Unplug the USB cable if it's plugged.
Hold power button for like 30 seconds straight.
The Following User Says Thank You to username4this For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
To turn off phone ,just push volume down and power button same time for like 7-10 sec, it will be like restart , but keep them pressed until screen shuts off again (it will take less then 1 sec). Thats all
The Following User Says Thank You to jkjambo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by username4this

Unplug the USB cable if it's plugged.
Hold power button for like 30 seconds straight.

I didn't time 30 seconds, but I did press power button for a long time. Is this method for when you can use the phone? Mine is during boot loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjambo

To turn off phone ,just push volume down and power button same time for like 7-10 sec, it will be like restart , but keep them pressed until screen shuts off again (it will take less then 1 sec). Thats all

I can't say for sure now, since I have my phone backed-on. But I sort of press these buttons for a long time at the beginning (when I wasn't really sure how to go to recovery mode). But good to know about this - (for next time ).

thanks both!
20th July 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Only method i know to completely shut down phone in any situation is what i already wrote in last post.
20th July 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjambo

Only method i know to completely shut down phone in any situation is what i already wrote in last post.

Agreed.
it happen to me too when I try to install MIUI ROM.
Pull off USB cable and long press power the power button
23rd July 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Thanks. I'll remember this, if I got unlucky and stuck in booth loops.
For now, I installed recovery, so hopefully if this happens, I can still access my internal folder and do the require changes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes