FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Did I brick my phone?

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By MistaahD, Junior Member on 9th July 2015, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I have a LG G2 (D802). I was busy flashing the stock KDZ, when I got an error. The progress on my phone stopped, and nothing happened anymore. I wanted to try again, so I turned my phone off. Now, when I boot my phone, it gives the LG logo, and then nothing. When I connect it to my pc, I get a lot of format pop-ups.

I followed this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
The KDZ I used: Netherlands Open 16GB KitKat D80220D

Furthermore, also while connected to the pc, I only see a folder called "image".

Can someone help me with getting my phone back to stock? It doesn't matter if everything gets wiped, I already backed up everything.

Thanks in advance!
 
 
9th July 2015, 02:50 PM |#2  
The Marionette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 881
 
Donate to Me
More
If lots of drives still pop up when you connect your phone to the PC,then follow this guide:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQVTc2m6U-I

I did it,and it fixed my download mode,and I could finally access Download Mode.

If your Download Mode still works,try the TOT method,it worked for me,since the KDZ method would be stuck at 2% every time(in my case).

So,after,or if your download mode works,do try the TOT method.
9th July 2015, 09:55 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marionette

If lots of drives still pop up when you connect your phone to the PC,then follow this guide:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQVTc2m6U-I

I did it,and it fixed my download mode,and I could finally access Download Mode.

If your Download Mode still works,try the TOT method,it worked for me,since the KDZ method would be stuck at 2% every time(in my case).

So,after,or if your download mode works,do try the TOT method.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, I even can't get the phone into fastboot mode.

Here are some pictures to show what's inside the "image" folder in the first local disk (= first partition?): 1: http://i.imgur.com/InFoiXA.png 2: http://i.imgur.com/YzjXOmQ.png 3: http://i.imgur.com/JDEnUfa.png
9th July 2015, 10:22 PM |#4  
The Marionette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 881
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaahD

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, I even can't get the phone into fastboot mode.

Here are some pictures to show what's inside the "image" folder in the first local disk (= first partition?): 1: http://i.imgur.com/InFoiXA.png 2: http://i.imgur.com/YzjXOmQ.png 3: http://i.imgur.com/JDEnUfa.png

So you basically cant access the recovery,fastboot nor the Download Mode,right?

Try asking for help on this thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
People there really know how to help,they helped me there too

Just dont panic,even if your phone is in a "hard brick" state(doubtfully),there is a fix for it too.

I suggest you do not do anything without consulting with other members.

You just have to be patient.

EDIT

Oh,and go to the Device Manager and tell me what name your G2 has when connected to the PC.
9th July 2015, 10:25 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marionette

So you basically cant access the recovery,fastboot nor the Download Mode,right?

Try asking for help on this thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
People there really know how to help,they helped me there too

Just dont panic,even if your phone is in a "hard brick" state(doubtfully),there is a fix for it too.

I suggest you do not do anything without consulting with other members.

You just have to be patient.

EDIT

Oh,and go to the Device Manager and tell me what name your G2 has when connected to the PC.

Indeed, there's really no mode that I can use...

Thanks, I'll ask for help there too! And my phone is being recognized as "QHSUSB_BULK".
9th July 2015, 10:28 PM |#6  
The Marionette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 881
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaahD

Indeed, there's really no mode that I can use...

Thanks, I'll ask for help there too! And my phone is being recognized as "QHSUSB_BULK".

Hmm,QHSUSB_BULK and no drives popping out?

EDIT

And are you sure you have the LG USB Drivers installed?

EDIT#2

And did you try to install the drivers to another PC and connecting your phone to that PC?
Last edited by The Marionette; 9th July 2015 at 10:32 PM.
9th July 2015, 10:36 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marionette

Hmm,QHSUSB_BULK and no drives popping out?

EDIT

And are you sure you have the LG USB Drivers installed?

EDIT#2

And did you try to install the drivers to another PC and connecting your phone to that PC?

Yep, drivers are installed.

And there are also a lot of drives popping out! See this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/RcMrAYv.png

Edit: I will try connecting it to another pc now.
9th July 2015, 10:46 PM |#8  
The Marionette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 881
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaahD

Yep, drivers are installed.

And there are also a lot of drives popping out! See this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/RcMrAYv.png

Ugh thank god
those drives SHOULD be popping out


Right click on My Computer and select "Manage"

Then,on the left part of that window,you will see the "Disk Management" option. Click it
Then,you should see a certain Disk which is separated into tons of parts.

This part is crucial!

To me,my PCs Hard Drive was "Disk 0",and my fastboot G2 was "Disk 1"

Please tell me which "Disk _" your g2 is.

You can folow this videowithout my help(I could do it by myself in 3 A.M.,so you can do it too! ),I am basically helping you with the same method.

If you want me to proceed with helping you,do tell.
Last edited by The Marionette; 9th July 2015 at 10:56 PM.
9th July 2015, 11:00 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marionette

Ugh thank god
those drives SHOULD be popping out


Right click on My Computer and select "Manage"

Then,on the left part of that window,you will see the "Disk Management" option. Click it
Then,you should see a certain Disk which is separated into tons of parts.

This part is crucial!

To me,my PCs Hard Drive was "Disk 0",and my fastboot G2 was "Disk 1"

Please tell me which "Disk _" your g2 is.

You can folow this videowithout my help(I could do it by myself in 3 A.M.,so you can do it too! ),I am basically helping you with the same method.

If you want me to proceed with helping you,do tell.

My phone is on Disk2. I am now trying to follow this guide, I'll let you know how it worked out.

Edit: wow! I now get the firmware update screen!! What should I do now? What to flash? :P
Last edited by MistaahD; 9th July 2015 at 11:03 PM.
9th July 2015, 11:10 PM |#10  
The Marionette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 881
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaahD

My phone is on Disk2. I am now trying to follow this guide, I'll let you know how it worked out.



Edit: wow! I now get the firmware update screen!! What should I do now? What to flash? :P


Download the kdz suitable for your model and flash it with LG Flash Tool.

Follow the "Back to stock" guide which you mentioned in the OP.

There will be a link to the KDZ archive for various models,and make sure that you select the kdz for the 32 GB variant if you have a 32 GB variant. Because it will be dangerous if you flash a 16gb variant kdz on a 32 gb phone.


Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Forums Pro.


EDIT

And if the same thing happens when flashing,fix it again(if it won't access the download mode) and try to flash while using another PC.
Last edited by The Marionette; 9th July 2015 at 11:15 PM.
9th July 2015, 11:20 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Mate, you are the freakin' best!!!! Mah phone works again!!! Now I'm going to install CloudyG2_3.3. What are the steps I need to perform in order to NOT(!!!) brick my phone again? :P

That'll be my last question, I can't thank you enough!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes