Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where can I buy the G2 in Manhatten?

Tip us?

tomerstern
Old
(Last edited by tomerstern; 3rd July 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Where can I buy the G2 in Manhatten?

Im not sure when this thread belongs, so I will just throw it in the G2 help forum.

Im will be flying to Manhattan and looking to buy the device once I get there. I want to step into a store and buy the device, however the prices are much higher tha Amazon. For example, I saw a 90$ price difference between Amazon and Best Buy.

Can anyone tip me on where can I buy the device in Manhattan, but in Amazon prices?

Thanks a lot in advance

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
I bought mine on eBay for 300, it would likely be more expensive in stores. And knowing NY you have to consider the sales tax...Anyway you can find it at T-Mobile, AT& T, Best buy, Verizon, etc.

Transmitted via Geass
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
I bought mine on eBay for 300, it would likely be more expensive in stores. And knowing NY you have to consider the sales tax...Anyway you can find it at T-Mobile, AT& T, Best buy, Verizon, etc.

Transmitted via Geass
Thanks for your reply, but these stores do not offer the cheapest prices...

Anyone knows where I can find prices which match ebay/amazon?

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerstern View Post
Thanks for your reply, but these stores do not offer the cheapest prices...

Anyone knows where I can find prices which match ebay/amazon?
Manhattan isn't exactly a cheap place either, 3rd party stores here usually charge MSRP, not the prices you find online.

Transmitted via Geass
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Manhattan isn't exactly a cheap place either, 3rd party stores here usually charge MSRP, not the prices you find online.

Transmitted via Geass
Another related question:
If I buy via Amazon and have it sent to New York, will I get charged MSRP somehow? Will it have to be paid to the courier?
If not, then why would anybody buy in stores when everything can be bought via Amazon who are cheaper and have great customer service?

Manbot27
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
If I buy via Amazon and have it sent to New York, will I get charged MSRP somehow? Will it have to be paid to the courier?
If not, then why would anybody buy in stores when everything can be bought via Amazon who are cheaper and have great customer service?
Peoples want it instantly and don't want to wait for shipping, rush shipping typically boosts the price to similar levels, also returning an online item is more of a hassle.

As far as I know Amazon usually charges taxes for all or most items in New York. Before it was dependant on where the seller was shipping from but Amazon is large enough that it would bring governmental and legal oversight if they didn't charge tax.

I'd honestly just purchase it from an official Att and Verizon store just to avoid any future trouble or warranty issues. A lot of the g2's on Amazon are the unlocked international version.

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbot27 View Post
Peoples want it instantly and don't want to wait for shipping, rush shipping typically boosts the price to similar levels, also returning an online item is more of a hassle.

As far as I know Amazon usually charges taxes for all or most items in New York. Before it was dependant on where the seller was shipping from but Amazon is large enough that it would bring governmental and legal oversight if they didn't charge tax.

I'd honestly just purchase it from an official Att and Verizon store just to avoid any future trouble or warranty issues. A lot of the g2's on Amazon are the unlocked international version.
I plan on bringing it with me back to Israel, so I don't plan on using the warranty anyway

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
If you buy from Amazon you'll get the Amazon price, but NY has sales tax, so that will increase the price (And any shipping costs if you don't use Prime).
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
If you buy from Amazon you'll get the Amazon price, but NY has sales tax, so that will increase the price (And any shipping costs if you don't use Prime).
In the second part of the trip I will be in South Carolina for a wedding.
Will it be cheaper if I order from Amazon and have it shipped to the hotel Ill be staying in?

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
In the second part of the trip I will be in South Carolina for a wedding.
Will it be cheaper if I order from Amazon and have it shipped to the hotel Ill be staying in?
Only North Carolina.
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970