Post Reply

[Q] Troubleshooting LG G2 heat buidup

OP Yoav420

3rd September 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Hi,
I hope it's the right forum for this kind of technical problems...
I've been having some temperature problems for a long while and my battery was draining extremely fast, so, I ordered a new battery on ebay (tagged 100% genuine, branded LG and everything...). I installed the new battery, which seems to work better than the last one, except the heat problem... my phone is heating up extremely fast and when it's hot you can't charge it, it charges like 10% per hour, meaning I need to turn of my phone and let it cool to get a proper charge.
Also, once is hot i'm getting the same rapid battery drain than I had before... The biggest problem is that the old battery was glued so tightly to the phone that I had to damage it in order to get it out, so I can't try to see if the old battery solves the problem.
Anyone has encountered similar temp problems?
Is there anything I can do except buying a new phone?
Thanks!
3rd September 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 82
 
960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav420

Hi,
I hope it's the right forum for this kind of technical problems...
I've been having some temperature problems for a long while and my battery was draining extremely fast, so, I ordered a new battery on ebay (tagged 100% genuine, branded LG and everything...). I installed the new battery, which seems to work better than the last one, except the heat problem... my phone is heating up extremely fast and when it's hot you can't charge it, it charges like 10% per hour, meaning I need to turn of my phone and let it cool to get a proper charge.
Also, once is hot i'm getting the same rapid battery drain than I had before... The biggest problem is that the old battery was glued so tightly to the phone that I had to damage it in order to get it out, so I can't try to see if the old battery solves the problem.
Anyone has encountered similar temp problems?
Is there anything I can do except buying a new phone?
Thanks!

Factory reset?
3rd September 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2

Factory reset?

Tried multiple times...
I wish it would be that simple
3rd September 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 82
 
960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav420

Tried multiple times...
I wish it would be that simple

This may sound silly, but are you having heat issues when you have no aftermarket applications loaded..?

Or are you resetting it, then loading up all the apps again?
3rd September 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2

This may sound silly, but are you having heat issues when you have no aftermarket applications loaded..?

Or are you resetting it, then loading up all the apps again?

Just a few standard apps, facebook, whatsapp, waze... and I keep the ram cleared and all apps closed when I charge of course... I think the problem is with the hardware
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank