Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Poor battery life with replacement LG G2

OP forrestgump2000

14th April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
When I first got my LG G2 phone, I was quite happy with the battery life. I could get about two days of battery life with a full charge. After not owning the phone for too long, the screen went garbled and stopped working. Loose connector, I suppose. Anyway, I got a replacement LG G2 (factory refurb, I assume) and the battery life is about half of what it was before. I'm lucky if I can go a full day without requiring a top-off.

Given that the G2 phone line was only released about 6 months ago, it's hard to imagine that the replacement phone's battery was used so much that it doesn't hold a significant charge anymore. The phone is similarly configured (stock Verizon OS, rooted, a number of bloatware apps removed), so I can't imagine why the battery life is so much worse. Had I not experienced such good battery performance with my first phone, I perhaps wouldn't mind so much. But this one is definitely a let-down.

What could possibly cause such a difference in battery life between my two instances of the same model phone? If my replacement phone does indeed have a defective battery, I'm suspicious whether I'd be able to get another replacement just because the current one isn't as good as my old one. Is perhaps the quality control on the G2 battery low enough that you might by luck get a good one or a bad one, and I was lucky with my first one and unlucky with my replacement?

Thoughts?
9th July 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Mine is same my first g2 can get up to 6 hours of screen on time,But in the second g2 i only get max of 3 hours of screen on time...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread