Can't Get Cyanogenmod On Verizon LG G2 V2980

13th June 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
So I'll tell you the steps I've tried since I've read the guides etc. What I've done this far: So in the official wiki guide you're supposed to flash a custom recovery of course first like TWRP and then flash a Cyanogenmod ROM.

You're supposed to use FreeGee for this in the App store but this does NOT WORK so one of our awesome developers on here made a tool on here AutoRec APK that DOES work. I used that tool on here with a rooted phone to install TWRP. TWRP does work and I can boot into it, but when I flash the latest nightly for my phone in TWRP it says it flashes successfully but then after rebooting the phone you end up in an infinite boot loop.

Essentially the phone goes to the LG logo and keeps rebooting over and over and over again. I fixed this by just flashing BACK TO STOCK in download mode but I've tried twice to flash a Cyanogenmod ROM and both times I end up flashing back to stock because it won't work. What's the deal with this? I can't stand this Verizon crap and their ridiculous encrypted boot loader. Never again will I buy a Verizon phone/main service mind you. Next time I'm just going to get a Nexus or whatever. It looks like Verizon doesn't want you doing anything with the bootloader for YOUR OWN PHONE.

What should I do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread