[Q] D800 Phone consitantly reboots and overheats/ bootloops

OP Mflick86

22nd September 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ive been having issues with my d800, no matter what rom/kernel i use it randomly reboots i guessing because it over heats because it gets hot and then boot loops, i have to manually power off and let phone cool before powering on again. Also alot of the times i press the power but or double tap to turn the screen on and it doesn't come on, it is illuminated lightly but its still black I rooted using iroot25 and autorec for recovery. The most stable rom I've found was Candykat and i still get a reboot every once in a while but it boots right back up. I've tried re flashing tot/dll with lg flash tools a couple times now that works fine, and rooting works fine. its just about any rom i use it has issues, could this be a hardware issue? Also Ive tried cwm/twrp/philscwm recoveries and that didn't make a difference. i am using d800 roms just to clear that up. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baseband version- M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190082
Kernel version- 3.4.0-slim-4.4.2-kk+ mar5hal@errantzerbra #1 Fri Jul 11 20:41:49 EDT 2014
CandyKat version- Ck-v1.5.5 Official-20140711

This is my current setup and it seems to work the best, also im not using a kernel tuner right now.

Please ask if you need more info.Ill try to get a logcat if someone can help. im not new to this and it just has me stumped.

Thanks Matt
22nd September 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone?
Bump

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
5th November 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Buzau