Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] D802T with a different KDZ??

Tip us?
 
Ash19_87
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Default [Q] D802T with a different KDZ??

As we know D802T does not support TWRP it goes into bootloop. Any one here from Australia with model D802T tried flashing with any other KDZ? if yes can u tell me which one and if there were any issues with it like baseband etc??

I want to install roms and not able to since i cant install recoveries on it..also is there a chance to sideload rom from adb?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
 
NBreunig3
Old
#2  
NBreunig3's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 65
Join Date: May 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash19_87 View Post
As we know D802T does not support TWRP it goes into bootloop. Any one here from Australia with model D802T tried flashing with any other KDZ? if yes can u tell me which one and if there were any issues with it like baseband etc??

I want to install roms and not able to since i cant install recoveries on it..also is there a chance to sideload rom from adb?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
What carrier are you on?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Art Vanderlay
Old
#3  
Art Vanderlay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash19_87 View Post
As we know D802T does not support TWRP it goes into bootloop. Any one here from Australia with model D802T tried flashing with any other KDZ? if yes can u tell me which one and if there were any issues with it like baseband etc??

I want to install roms and not able to since i cant install recoveries on it..also is there a chance to sideload rom from adb?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
The kdz flash will just fail. A lot of people have tried doing that, it just doesn't work. Also, the problem with autorec is that it flashes a patched kernel that doesn't work with your d802t firmware and will end up bricking it. The recovery does work though. So theoretically, if you flashed a custom rom right after flashing the recovery it should work. I don't have a d802t though so I can't test it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ash19_87
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBreunig3 View Post
What carrier are you on?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app
Mine is unlocked and its a prepaid sim..I can use any carrier, though i am using Telstra..
 
Ash19_87
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
The kdz flash will just fail. A lot of people have tried doing that, it just doesn't work. Also, the problem with autorec is that it flashes a patched kernel that doesn't work with your d802t firmware and will end up bricking it. The recovery does work though. So theoretically, if you flashed a custom rom right after flashing the recovery it should work. I don't have a d802t though so I can't test it.
Well i have tried doing this as well installed a rom through it but still it wont boot up. Stuck on Lg logo..
 
Ash19_87
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Default is there any possibiltiy with adb sideloading?

is there any possibility with adb sideloading and installing new rom??

If yes, can anyone tell me how?
 
Art Vanderlay
Old
#7  
Art Vanderlay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash19_87 View Post
is there any possibility with adb sideloading and installing new rom??

If yes, can anyone tell me how?
That requires a custom recovery and flashing twrp through adb would require Loki which doesn't work on kit kat. It's disappointing that you couldn't flash a rom directly. Maybe you should try flashing an aosp rom like cm after autorec and then go from there. Otherwise, downgrading to jelly bean through a kdz flash is your only option. You just need to find some jb firmware first.
 
Ash19_87
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
That requires a custom recovery and flashing twrp through adb would require Loki which doesn't work on kit kat. It's disappointing that you couldn't flash a rom directly. Maybe you should try flashing an aosp rom like cm after autorec and then go from there. Otherwise, downgrading to jelly bean through a kdz flash is your only option. You just need to find some jb firmware first.
Another failed attempt i installed CM from TWRP and also flashed gapps..but its still stuck at bootloop Now i shall again install the original kdz again to use my phone..
Only option left now is finding a jelly bean kdz..and installing it..

Tags
d802, d802t d802ta, lg g2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more