[Q] D802T with a different KDZ??

20th August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
As we know D802T does not support TWRP it goes into bootloop. Any one here from Australia with model D802T tried flashing with any other KDZ? if yes can u tell me which one and if there were any issues with it like baseband etc??

I want to install roms and not able to since i cant install recoveries on it..also is there a chance to sideload rom from adb?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
20th August 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash19_87

As we know D802T does not support TWRP it goes into bootloop. Any one here from Australia with model D802T tried flashing with any other KDZ? if yes can u tell me which one and if there were any issues with it like baseband etc??

I want to install roms and not able to since i cant install recoveries on it..also is there a chance to sideload rom from adb?

Thanks

What carrier are you on?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 146

456 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

The kdz flash will just fail. A lot of people have tried doing that, it just doesn't work. Also, the problem with autorec is that it flashes a patched kernel that doesn't work with your d802t firmware and will end up bricking it. The recovery does work though. So theoretically, if you flashed a custom rom right after flashing the recovery it should work. I don't have a d802t though so I can't test it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBreunig3

What carrier are you on?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Mine is unlocked and its a prepaid sim..I can use any carrier, though i am using Telstra..
21st August 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

The kdz flash will just fail. A lot of people have tried doing that, it just doesn't work. Also, the problem with autorec is that it flashes a patched kernel that doesn't work with your d802t firmware and will end up bricking it. The recovery does work though. So theoretically, if you flashed a custom rom right after flashing the recovery it should work. I don't have a d802t though so I can't test it.

Well i have tried doing this as well installed a rom through it but still it wont boot up. Stuck on Lg logo..
21st August 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

28 posts
is there any possibiltiy with adb sideloading?
is there any possibility with adb sideloading and installing new rom??

If yes, can anyone tell me how?
21st August 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 146

456 posts
More
Quote:

is there any possibility with adb sideloading and installing new rom??

If yes, can anyone tell me how?

That requires a custom recovery and flashing twrp through adb would require Loki which doesn't work on kit kat. It's disappointing that you couldn't flash a rom directly. Maybe you should try flashing an aosp rom like cm after autorec and then go from there. Otherwise, downgrading to jelly bean through a kdz flash is your only option. You just need to find some jb firmware first.
21st August 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

That requires a custom recovery and flashing twrp through adb would require Loki which doesn't work on kit kat. It's disappointing that you couldn't flash a rom directly. Maybe you should try flashing an aosp rom like cm after autorec and then go from there. Otherwise, downgrading to jelly bean through a kdz flash is your only option. You just need to find some jb firmware first.

Another failed attempt i installed CM from TWRP and also flashed gapps..but its still stuck at bootloop Now i shall again install the original kdz again to use my phone..
Only option left now is finding a jelly bean kdz..and installing it..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d802, d802t d802ta, lg g2
Previous Thread Next Thread