Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] D803 fumbled & wiped system - how to get back?

Tip us?

nivag1710
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] D803 fumbled & wiped system - how to get back?

So, I fumbled the phone when in TWRP & I've wiped the whole system - data, cache, etc - there's nothing on the phone anymore.

So, when I turn it on, I get stuck at the LG screen.

I can get into download and TWRP. I've got access to adb on the desktop. Not sure if the adb is turned on on the phone when this all happened.

So, is there a way back?

I just want my phone back in a loading state. I'd send it in under warranty, but it's rooted, so I'm sure the response will be that I've voided the warranty.

I did have Cloudy G3 1.3 running but was having all sorts of issues with the data connection. Went to go back to stock, but that's when I fumbled the phone.

Help please?

sai777
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivag1710 View Post
So, I fumbled the phone when in TWRP & I've wiped the whole system - data, cache, etc - there's nothing on the phone anymore.

So, when I turn it on, I get stuck at the LG screen.

I can get into download and TWRP. I've got access to adb on the desktop. Not sure if the adb is turned on on the phone when this all happened.

So, is there a way back?

I just want my phone back in a loading state. I'd send it in under warranty, but it's rooted, so I'm sure the response will be that I've voided the warranty.

I did have Cloudy G3 1.3 running but was having all sorts of issues with the data connection. Went to go back to stock, but that's when I fumbled the phone.

Help please?
Just use the following website, flash to stock then root and download recovery. After that, you may do whatever you like. Use the KDZ method.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
LG G2 - LiquidSmooth Rom
If I helped you in anyway, y'all know what to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to sai777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 157
You should be able to just use adb push command in twrp even if you didn't have adb enabled in settings.

Sent from my LG G2 D802
LG G2 D802 running PA
Asus tf701t running CM11

nivag1710
Old
(Last edited by nivag1710; 21st August 2014 at 01:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default It's alive!

Got it back thanks to the first response.

Having said that, I'm getting the impression that there are not a lot of options out there for the D803 that DON'T work completely. I guess I'm stuck with stock? I hate all the bloatware on the Rogers variant. I can uninstall most with Titanium Backup, but can't seem to get rid of the Rogers app - it says it can't find the apk file? Maybe the permissions are protecting it?

Is there a ROM out there that people are happy running on the Rogers (D803) variant?