Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] D803 fumbled & wiped system - how to get back?

OP nivag1710

19th August 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
More
So, I fumbled the phone when in TWRP & I've wiped the whole system - data, cache, etc - there's nothing on the phone anymore.

So, when I turn it on, I get stuck at the LG screen.

I can get into download and TWRP. I've got access to adb on the desktop. Not sure if the adb is turned on on the phone when this all happened.

So, is there a way back?

I just want my phone back in a loading state. I'd send it in under warranty, but it's rooted, so I'm sure the response will be that I've voided the warranty.

I did have Cloudy G3 1.3 running but was having all sorts of issues with the data connection. Went to go back to stock, but that's when I fumbled the phone.

Help please?
19th August 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivag1710

So, I fumbled the phone when in TWRP & I've wiped the whole system - data, cache, etc - there's nothing on the phone anymore.

So, when I turn it on, I get stuck at the LG screen.

I can get into download and TWRP. I've got access to adb on the desktop. Not sure if the adb is turned on on the phone when this all happened.

So, is there a way back?

I just want my phone back in a loading state. I'd send it in under warranty, but it's rooted, so I'm sure the response will be that I've voided the warranty.

I did have Cloudy G3 1.3 running but was having all sorts of issues with the data connection. Went to go back to stock, but that's when I fumbled the phone.

Help please?

Just use the following website, flash to stock then root and download recovery. After that, you may do whatever you like. Use the KDZ method.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
The Following User Says Thank You to sai777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 157

780 posts
More
You should be able to just use adb push command in twrp even if you didn't have adb enabled in settings.

Sent from my LG G2 D802
19th August 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
More
It's alive!
Got it back thanks to the first response.

Having said that, I'm getting the impression that there are not a lot of options out there for the D803 that DON'T work completely. I guess I'm stuck with stock? I hate all the bloatware on the Rogers variant. I can uninstall most with Titanium Backup, but can't seem to get rid of the Rogers app - it says it can't find the apk file? Maybe the permissions are protecting it?

Is there a ROM out there that people are happy running on the Rogers (D803) variant?
Last edited by nivag1710; 21st August 2014 at 02:31 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread