Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Data Cap Already?!

3rd July 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
Hey all. Recently switched to T-Mobile and got the G2. I immediately rooted it to customize things how I wanted them. Everything I have been doing has been with WiFi enabled. I never turn it off, honestly. In just about 10 days, I hit my 3 gig data cap, and have no idea how. I was rooted, and thought my Rom could be part of the reason, so I KDZ flashed back to stock. Now all my data usage is wiped, but obviously still at data cap. Is there anyway I could take it into the store? It's going to look really bad on my end when I tell them I factory reset my phone because I hit data cap, but it just doesn't make sense. I never came anywhere close to 3 gigs of data on Verizon, and that was a whole months use with not much WiFi involved. A bit irritated right now.... any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
3rd July 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,125

9,169 posts
More
There is a separate data usage tab for WiFi & mobile data. Are you sure you were on the right one?

Transmitted via Geass
3rd July 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42

There is a separate data usage tab for WiFi & mobile data. Are you sure you were on the right one?

Transmitted via Geass

Yeah, I got the text from tmobile letting me know I'd be throttled...
3rd July 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

31 posts
I had this happen to me a few months back when I was on a T-mobile stock rom... if you have a custom recovery installed and aren't on the latest OTA update it will download the update, fail file verification and re-download the file... I blew through 2gb in one afternoon.
Here is the link to the post and the solution if this is your issue.
3rd July 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofwoz

I had this happen to me a few months back when I was on a T-mobile stock rom... if you have a custom recovery installed and aren't on the latest OTA update it will download the update, fail file verification and re-download the file... I blew through 2gb in one afternoon.
Here is the link to the post and the solution if this is your issue.

I was on slimkat with twrp, so doubt it was the issue. It's quite possible though, so thank you for the link. I'm pretty sure that going into the tmobile store would be a waste of my time...
3rd July 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,125

9,169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbigmack

Yeah, I got the text from tmobile letting me know I'd be throttled...

They won't help you or restore your data speed, you can upgrade to a higher limit if that's an option for you. Your limit can be filled a little easy if you use social media sites, G+ uses about 1gbs/month for me.

Transmitted via Geass
3rd July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 120

342 posts
I got on the 50 buck plan unlimited everything.. Just no upgrade for phones

Sent from my d2lte using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread