Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Cap Already?!

Tip us?

thenewbigmack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Data Cap Already?!

Hey all. Recently switched to T-Mobile and got the G2. I immediately rooted it to customize things how I wanted them. Everything I have been doing has been with WiFi enabled. I never turn it off, honestly. In just about 10 days, I hit my 3 gig data cap, and have no idea how. I was rooted, and thought my Rom could be part of the reason, so I KDZ flashed back to stock. Now all my data usage is wiped, but obviously still at data cap. Is there anyway I could take it into the store? It's going to look really bad on my end when I tell them I factory reset my phone because I hit data cap, but it just doesn't make sense. I never came anywhere close to 3 gigs of data on Verizon, and that was a whole months use with not much WiFi involved. A bit irritated right now.... any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
There is a separate data usage tab for WiFi & mobile data. Are you sure you were on the right one?

Transmitted via Geass
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

thenewbigmack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
There is a separate data usage tab for WiFi & mobile data. Are you sure you were on the right one?

Transmitted via Geass
Yeah, I got the text from tmobile letting me know I'd be throttled...

wizardofwoz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I had this happen to me a few months back when I was on a T-mobile stock rom... if you have a custom recovery installed and aren't on the latest OTA update it will download the update, fail file verification and re-download the file... I blew through 2gb in one afternoon.
Here is the link to the post and the solution if this is your issue.

thenewbigmack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofwoz View Post
I had this happen to me a few months back when I was on a T-mobile stock rom... if you have a custom recovery installed and aren't on the latest OTA update it will download the update, fail file verification and re-download the file... I blew through 2gb in one afternoon.
Here is the link to the post and the solution if this is your issue.
I was on slimkat with twrp, so doubt it was the issue. It's quite possible though, so thank you for the link. I'm pretty sure that going into the tmobile store would be a waste of my time...

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbigmack View Post
Yeah, I got the text from tmobile letting me know I'd be throttled...
They won't help you or restore your data speed, you can upgrade to a higher limit if that's an option for you. Your limit can be filled a little easy if you use social media sites, G+ uses about 1gbs/month for me.

Transmitted via Geass
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

immorality
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I got on the 50 buck plan unlimited everything.. Just no upgrade for phones

Sent from my d2lte using XDA Free mobile app