Data Cap Already?!

Search This thread

thenewbigmack

Sep 26, 2010
Hey all. Recently switched to T-Mobile and got the G2. I immediately rooted it to customize things how I wanted them. Everything I have been doing has been with WiFi enabled. I never turn it off, honestly. In just about 10 days, I hit my 3 gig data cap, and have no idea how. I was rooted, and thought my Rom could be part of the reason, so I KDZ flashed back to stock. Now all my data usage is wiped, but obviously still at data cap. Is there anyway I could take it into the store? It's going to look really bad on my end when I tell them I factory reset my phone because I hit data cap, but it just doesn't make sense. I never came anywhere close to 3 gigs of data on Verizon, and that was a whole months use with not much WiFi involved. A bit irritated right now.... any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

wizardofwoz

Feb 6, 2009
I had this happen to me a few months back when I was on a T-mobile stock rom... if you have a custom recovery installed and aren't on the latest OTA update it will download the update, fail file verification and re-download the file... I blew through 2gb in one afternoon.
Here is the link to the post and the solution if this is your issue.

thenewbigmack

Sep 26, 2010
I had this happen to me a few months back when I was on a T-mobile stock rom... if you have a custom recovery installed and aren't on the latest OTA update it will download the update, fail file verification and re-download the file... I blew through 2gb in one afternoon.
Here is the link to the post and the solution if this is your issue.

I was on slimkat with twrp, so doubt it was the issue. It's quite possible though, so thank you for the link. I'm pretty sure that going into the tmobile store would be a waste of my time...