Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead Phone - please help

Tip us?

bradspace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dead Phone - please help

So at the beach today, my daughter decided to "save some cool rocks" that she found. She tossed them onto the beach blanket (unbeknownst to me), and smashed the screen on my G2. I'm hoping there's a way to get my text messages and call logs. The digitizer is also broken, so that is causing an issue. Anyone have any ideas on how I can retrieve that data? Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Magic2010
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradspace View Post
So at the beach today, my daughter decided to "save some cool rocks" that she found. She tossed them onto the beach blanket (unbeknownst to me), and smashed the screen on my G2. I'm hoping there's a way to get my text messages and call logs. The digitizer is also broken, so that is causing an issue. Anyone have any ideas on how I can retrieve that data? Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!
I dont think you can..
But maybe someone else has an idea.
LG G2 [D802]
ROM: Cloudy G3
REC: TWRP 2.7.0.0
KERNEL: Stock

Don't write thanks.... Hit THANKS button instead!!

frajobs
Old
Thanks Meter 16
If you are on stock Rom maybe via the LG software on pc via backup... or if you have connection to pc set as MTP then maybe you can extract call logs and sms from sdcard

bradspace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frajobs View Post
If you are on stock Rom maybe via the LG software on pc via backup... or if you have connection to pc set as MTP then maybe you can extract call logs and sms from sdcard

I will see what I can do with the software. Thanks for the idea.

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
If you are open to all suggestions does that include just replacing the screen? It is obviously the option that costs money but it is the only solution that fixes your problem and phone...
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2