[Q] Dead Phone - please help

3rd July 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ellicott City
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
More
So at the beach today, my daughter decided to "save some cool rocks" that she found. She tossed them onto the beach blanket (unbeknownst to me), and smashed the screen on my G2. I'm hoping there's a way to get my text messages and call logs. The digitizer is also broken, so that is causing an issue. Anyone have any ideas on how I can retrieve that data? Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!
4th July 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 146

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradspace

So at the beach today, my daughter decided to "save some cool rocks" that she found. She tossed them onto the beach blanket (unbeknownst to me), and smashed the screen on my G2. I'm hoping there's a way to get my text messages and call logs. The digitizer is also broken, so that is causing an issue. Anyone have any ideas on how I can retrieve that data? Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

I dont think you can..
But maybe someone else has an idea.
4th July 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

73 posts
If you are on stock Rom maybe via the LG software on pc via backup... or if you have connection to pc set as MTP then maybe you can extract call logs and sms from sdcard
6th July 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Ellicott City
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frajobs

If you are on stock Rom maybe via the LG software on pc via backup... or if you have connection to pc set as MTP then maybe you can extract call logs and sms from sdcard

I will see what I can do with the software. Thanks for the idea.
6th July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag TR, NJ
Thanks Meter: 36

278 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you are open to all suggestions does that include just replacing the screen? It is obviously the option that costs money but it is the only solution that fixes your problem and phone...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank