Why dont tech world give first priority to battery capacity for smartphones?

OP greatgrandking

4th September 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

117 posts
its all about resolution or processors or gpu , what is all those big numbers worth without big battery, 5 hours of screen time with moderate use and your so called beast dies. most of the leaks first give idea of processor ,screen, resolution, ram but not battery capacity, may be its because battery capacity isn't that important in the eyes of most. 5 inch screen should have 3500 mah battery life droid razr maxx and 5.5 should have 4000 mah. if they say mobile gets thicker with bigger battery , lenovo gave 10mm 5 inch smartphone with 5000 mah , and 6 inch vibe z2 pro with 4000mah even with thin 7.7mm profile. im a heavy user like most , and i dont want to replace the battery mid day. im not an iphone user only to show off my device. i want substance as well.
7th September 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 140

291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Buy a cover like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JCF...&robot_redir=1
7th September 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #3  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 10

34 posts
More
Powerbanks
I think It's the Software/OS that's power hungry, so packing a higher capacity battery is not their priority. Take a look at the HTC One M8 for Windows, they claim that the battery lasts 20% longer than it's Android counterpart. What they should prioritize is optimizing the software's power consumption.

Getting a powerbank is a good choice... for now... until Android L arrives.
7th September 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 893

1,145 posts
More
Its about software/os just like tunichi01 said and they also want to slim the phone most of the times so they are putting an average battery in it just like most manafactures also have in mah anmount. So its also the phone's design from inside and the outside to fit the batery. And for most users the 3009 mah battery is enough, I had an nexus4 with like 2200-2300 maH I believe and that had 6 hours sot that was enough for me and the most average users. Biggerbattery could also risk an explosion if the phone isnt good designed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread