[Q] ROM feature requests etiquette

OP Moppusan

11th July 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Leola, PA
Thanks Meter: 13

34 posts
More
Is there any etiquette I should follow with ROM feature requests? Is this frowned upon at all, or does it vary by ROM maker?
11th July 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #2  
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 155

862 posts
More
No. There is no real way to ask. Most developers do this because they enjoy it. User feedback is valuable. Suggestions are valuable. The real question is what NOT to do. 1. Don't expect every suggestion or recommendation you ask for to be incorporated into the next version or even incorporated at all. The developers may either not find it valuable or there may be other restrictions that prevent your suggestions from being incorporated.
2. Never ask for ETA. The majority of developers here on XDA do other things for a living and this is just either a hobby or for their own use.
3. Don't demand anything or be insulting. Just because your suggestions or ideas don't make it into a rom, don't take it personally. Be nice and professional. Don't be upset if someone like Cloudyfa doesn't respond via PM. Recognized developers like Cloudyfa, NRGZ28, Dorimanx, Dr87, Xdabbeb, Rovo89 and etc have tons of volume of PMs. Some of them even turn off PMs just because of the volume of posts coming through their boxes.

So that's it. Remember the Golden Rule. Enjoy and good luck! :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Leola, PA
Thanks Meter: 13

34 posts
More
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm assuming it would be better to post in the ROM thread instead of PMing the author? I use Mahdi ROM and I wouldn't even know to PM Dr87 or Mahdi786. Heck, I donated to Dr87 not knowing that Mahdi786 made the ROM. Maybe Dr87 keeps updating it. I've noticed he can program just about anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread