Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dropped phone/ part of screen does not work

OP blueman1122

7th July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I was running and i accidentally tugged on my headphones and my phone flew. i had an otter box defender on, and i found a small crack in the top left next to the front facing camera. now the crack is not the problem its the fact that a part of the screen doesn't work, it goes from edge to edge is about 1 cm up and down. does anybody know whats up?
btw i have cyanogenmod running on it and i already tried factory resetting it to no avail
7th July 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman1122

I was running and i accidentally tugged on my headphones and my phone flew. i had an otter box defender on, and i found a small crack in the top left next to the front facing camera. now the crack is not the problem its the fact that a part of the screen doesn't work, it goes from edge to edge is about 1 cm up and down. does anybody know whats up?
btw i have cyanogenmod running on it and i already tried factory resetting it to no avail

the g2 screen is very fragile the way it was designed has the digitizer wires running around entire screen but the flex cable is in the top right around where the front camera is a single crack will break touch on almost entire screen mainly up to the area where it happened; you should look into a replacement or warranty if you decide to do it yourself make sure to buy lcd+digitizer, I know that replacing only digitizer is cheaper but it's an almost impossible difficult task, I have lots of experience in taking apart electronics and decided to try and replace only digitizer with my g2 in December which ended up in lcd breaking half way through screen dissasembly
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

the g2 screen is very fragile the way it was designed has the digitizer wires running around entire screen but the flex cable is in the top right around where the front camera is a single crack will break touch on almost entire screen mainly up to the area where it happened; you should look into a replacement or warranty if you decide to do it yourself make sure to buy lcd+digitizer, I know that replacing only digitizer is cheaper but it's an almost impossible difficult task, I have lots of experience in taking apart electronics and decided to try and replace only digitizer with my g2 in December which ended up in lcd breaking half way through screen dissasembly

well thanks for the reply guess i have to wait another year for my contract to expire since the phones already rooted and warranty wont affect it :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread