OP RevolcFael4

16th September 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angles
Thanks Meter: 11

67 posts
More
Hello!

So CM11 Nightlies have F2FS support. TWRP 2.8.0.1 supposedly (I cant get it to work) has support for it as well. I heard that TWRP requires an F2FS kernel in order for the option to format to F2FS to appear.

Now, Are there any F2FS kernels available for AOSP ROMs? Is there a way to change filesystems to F2FS right now?

Thanks for any help!
16th September 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 13

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolcFael4

Hello!

So CM11 Nightlies have F2FS support. TWRP 2.8.0.1 supposedly (I cant get it to work) has support for it as well. I heard that TWRP requires an F2FS kernel in order for the option to format to F2FS to appear.

Now, Are there any F2FS kernels available for AOSP ROMs? Is there a way to change filesystems to F2FS right now?

Thanks for any help!

Not sure if its available for the g2, but even if it was i think itd a bit too risky for you to transform into it, it could lead into bad bricking. you wouldnt notice a speed difference neither! slower phones like the MOTO G, NEXUS 4, GALAXY NEXUS all go faster, but for a device already so fast, you wont tell a thing.

but each to their own, try it if you really want!
16th September 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Los Angles
Thanks Meter: 11

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idonttakedrugs

Not sure if its available for the g2, but even if it was i think itd a bit too risky for you to transform into it, it could lead into bad bricking. you wouldnt notice a speed difference neither! slower phones like the MOTO G, NEXUS 4, GALAXY NEXUS all go faster, but for a device already so fast, you wont tell a thing.

but each to their own, try it if you really want!

Oh.
I already moved everything off my phone.
Anyways, CM!1 nightlies dont boot after the F2FS compatability. Is there anything I can do to make it work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread