Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] F2FS?

Tip us?

RevolcFael4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] F2FS?

Hello!

So CM11 Nightlies have F2FS support. TWRP 2.8.0.1 supposedly (I cant get it to work) has support for it as well. I heard that TWRP requires an F2FS kernel in order for the option to format to F2FS to appear.

Now, Are there any F2FS kernels available for AOSP ROMs? Is there a way to change filesystems to F2FS right now?

Thanks for any help!
Current Devices

Sprint LG G2 (LG-LS980) Soon To be rooted...
HTC EVO 3D (Shooter - 3VO) - S-OFF - H-BOOT 1.58 Junopunut Bear

idonttakedrugs
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolcFael4 View Post
Hello!

So CM11 Nightlies have F2FS support. TWRP 2.8.0.1 supposedly (I cant get it to work) has support for it as well. I heard that TWRP requires an F2FS kernel in order for the option to format to F2FS to appear.

Now, Are there any F2FS kernels available for AOSP ROMs? Is there a way to change filesystems to F2FS right now?

Thanks for any help!
Not sure if its available for the g2, but even if it was i think itd a bit too risky for you to transform into it, it could lead into bad bricking. you wouldnt notice a speed difference neither! slower phones like the MOTO G, NEXUS 4, GALAXY NEXUS all go faster, but for a device already so fast, you wont tell a thing.

but each to their own, try it if you really want!

RevolcFael4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by idonttakedrugs View Post
Not sure if its available for the g2, but even if it was i think itd a bit too risky for you to transform into it, it could lead into bad bricking. you wouldnt notice a speed difference neither! slower phones like the MOTO G, NEXUS 4, GALAXY NEXUS all go faster, but for a device already so fast, you wont tell a thing.

but each to their own, try it if you really want!
Oh.
I already moved everything off my phone.
Anyways, CM!1 nightlies dont boot after the F2FS compatability. Is there anything I can do to make it work?
Current Devices

Sprint LG G2 (LG-LS980) Soon To be rooted...
HTC EVO 3D (Shooter - 3VO) - S-OFF - H-BOOT 1.58 Junopunut Bear