[Q] Help Needed, LG G2 stuck in boot loop!

Search This thread

jonnyblock

Sep 20, 2014
Hi everyone, my first time on xda so please be patient.

Ive just bought a 32GB D802 from Gumtree Southampton, UK, turns out the seller bought it from Ebay and it was shipped from Hong Kong.

Was working fine but I wanted to update from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 so I could use Chromecast screen cast with it. Was working fine with my T-mobile sim but no fota update was detected so I decided to use the LG website to update. I installed the lg driver and lg support tool. The phone was detected and update about 1.6GB was downloaded but crashed during installation. Retrying the installation got the same results.

Now the phone just boots to the LG screen and sits there with the notification light changing through different colours. I have tried some videos for pressing buttons to get it into a reset mode or download mode I just cant get anywhere.

The only things I can achieve is either a black screen with the notification light flashing red, or if I holdup on volume the blue download manager (?) flashes up and then quickly turns to a screen of text, reads like eg:

portcharge
resetnfo
portcharge
stall get_descriptor 128 6 1006 0 18
fastboot: processing commands
reset
ep1/out fail nfo=40 pg0=f908700
etc
etc

I have the original box with imei, serial number etc.
I could really use a simple step by step solution but all the ones i see involve using download manager but i dont seem to able to get that going.
Help?!

Top Liked Posts