Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Navigation Buttons Missing & Other Errors

OP SirZer0

10th August 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello XDA community, I'm panicking a bit and am new to this whole smartphone thing.

So, yesterday I got an LG G2 and spent the majority of the day downloading apps and whatnot. Today I asked some friends and got the phone rooted, installed Xposed and some Modules, and decided to give flashing a new Kernel a try.

I have the LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) and flashed Dorimanx's v6.8 kernel successfully after making a Backup in TWRP.

Upon going back to basic usage, I realized the Navigation Buttons were gone. All of them. I tried swiping up and down and all around, thinking that maybe the Xposed Tweaks may have done something to them, but nothing made them appear. Also, the default Weather Widget failed to load, originally attempting to load and then defaulting to a "Failed to load widget" generic window. I went to google the issue when I got a "LG Keyboard Failed to load" error.

I immediately went and restored my backup, but the issues were still present. I tried multiple Factory Hard Resets through TWRP and even attempted Flashing an older version of Dorimanx's kernel (before anyone asks, yes I was using the VS980 version), nothing helped. In my latest desperation attempt, I used TWRP to reformat the partitions, so now my backup is gone.

Now I'm stuck, because I can't get through the VZW Setup Wizard since I apparently can't connect to the Backup Assistant network (which apparently has something to do with EFS? I'm not really sure), can't skip it without Navigation buttons, and can't access Wifi without the keyboard to type in the password to my home network. I've been avidly googling for the past 2-3 hours, but no one seems to have my exact issues. Currently, I'm following this guide to return to complete stock, and hopefully if the problem persists I can return the phone under warranty.

Can anyone offer me some help/advice in the meantime? I'm really curious as to what happened and of course I'm panicking due to potentially losing a phone after 1 day (the salesperson kept pushing their insurance on me as well, which I denied repeatedly). After the restore and then factory reset, the phone should be fully stock (the settings support this, showing the original kernel/build/everything) yet the errors persist.

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Here's some more detailed info:
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version VS98024A...
Kernel version: 3.4.0-perf
Last edited by SirZer0; 10th August 2014 at 11:48 AM.
10th August 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 272

589 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirZer0

Can anyone offer me some help/advice in the meantime? I'm really curious as to what happened and of course I'm panicking due to potentially losing a phone after 1 day (the salesperson kept pushing their insurance on me as well, which I denied repeatedly). After the restore and then factory reset, the phone should be fully stock (the settings support this, showing the original kernel/build/everything) yet the errors persist.

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Here's some more detailed info:
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version VS98024A...
Kernel version: 3.4.0-perf

Returning to stock will solve any software problems you might have. I understand why you had issues with xposed, I get them too sometimes. Its always best to flash your kernel first and then do your mods.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread