Post Reply

[HELP] - Phone is Semi Bricked

OP gweeto85

8th July 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag CONNECTICUT
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
hello all,

I have a verizon lg g2 ( vs980 ) I downloaded a custom rom, went to flash it but it failed. I had already wiped my system and have no nandroid backup on the device.. But I do on my pc. I have twrp installed and I can still access that. I have tried the lg g2 flash tool 2014 but I keep getting error saying server connection timeout. I dont know what else I can try. I attempted adb sideload in twrp it just keeps loading in the progress bar and doesn't stop. but never used it before is it possible to push a zip to the phone any other way? I have adb fastboot for windows 8.1 but I cannot figure out how to get my phone into adb mode in the state its in.

EDIT:

BACK UP AND RUNNING!
How did I do it?
went out and bought a micro usb to usb connector and a usb thumb drive, downloaded xdadebs custom rom,gapps,lgapps.. flashed over twrp and BOOM. now that I was back up and running it was as easy as copying my nandroid backup back to the phone.
thanks to everyone that tried to help me

PRO TIP:
Keep a nandroid backup on phone.
Last edited by gweeto85; 8th July 2014 at 07:56 PM.
8th July 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Subotica
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Info 2 Some informations
If you can acess twrp,then connect the phone via usb cable to pc and if you set up drivers corret then you have to have adb mode!
Install sdk tools, a good adb driver,after that in command promp you can sent files via push command!
Here a link to a tutorial of setting up sdk tools
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229124
Here is a youtube video for adb pushing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1LVOKgwQM

I had similar problems with my g2 i had Twrp installed but coudn't sideload, but if you set up correctly adb then in commnad promp you will have under "adb device" command your phone and has to sad recovery then just simply push the file and good to go......
8th July 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag CONNECTICUT
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB1021

If you can acess twrp,then connect the phone via usb cable to pc and if you set up drivers corret then you have to have adb mode!
Install sdk tools, a good adb driver,after that in command promp you can sent files via push command!
Here a link to a tutorial of setting up sdk tools
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229124
Here is a youtube video for adb pushing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1LVOKgwQM

I had similar problems with my g2 i had Twrp installed but coudn't sideload, but if you set up correctly adb then in commnad promp you will have under "adb device" command your phone and has to sad recovery then just simply push the file and good to go......


do you still have the drivers, I have downloaded lg drivers and verizon along with the fastboot files I think needed for adb, my problem is I dont see my device when I check "adb devices" on my pc
8th July 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #4  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,507
 
2,171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Instead of adb sideload try "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip"
8th July 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag CONNECTICUT
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

Instead of adb sideload try "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip"

I have tried that, my problem is either my phone isnt being detected under adb or I dont have the right driver. If anyone has the correct adb driver please link me.

the error I get is "device not found" also when I enter adb devices nothing is there :/
8th July 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag CONNECTICUT
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
anyone have the drivers for the lg mobile support tools / r&d flash tool?? or a link
8th July 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #7  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,507
 
2,171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Send me a pm so I don't forget to look into it later. I'll try to helo you with it.
8th July 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Flag Subotica
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeto85

anyone have the drivers for the lg mobile support tools / r&d flash tool?? or a link

For my none of the drivers worked,so I installed adb universal driver and worked perfectly,uninstal previous drivers then istall this restart com and hopefully good to go. You can find a download in the you tube video link what i did give you in the prvious post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1LVOKgwQM
8th July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag CONNECTICUT
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

Send me a pm so I don't forget to look into it later. I'll try to helo you with it.

sent you a pm..

still need help.
I think my problem may be with windows 8 I cannot get the drivers to work. Installing win7 on vmware as we speak.
8th July 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #10  
spinninbsod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 69
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Yep I have soft bricked my vs980 and my nexus 5 probably my nexus 5 worse the g2/nexus 5 are very finicky like a soft bricked nexus 5 can be very difficult to turn on and a g2 can be a pain to get into recovery I have actually bricked everything but download mode not fun you will get yours running in no time

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank