Help Please... Messed up new LG G2

OP rockon83

5th September 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Hey Guys... I've been searching XDA and the internet for a couple hours now on this, and am finally posting. I just got a new LG G2 on AT&T. I rooted with Towelroot, and rushed to change the DPI in Build.Prop without installing TWRP first, which was quite stupid... I changed it from 480 to 400 which has worked for me in the past on a previous G2 (on Verizon)...I don't have USB debugging enabled either.

In any case, when the phone boots up, it shows the AT&T logo, and then an error "Unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped". I can hit OK...then I get a screen with just the wallpaper and an error "Unfortunately Home has stopped", and I can't hit anything.. it doesn't respond.

I installed the phone drivers from LG's site... I can't seem to connect via ADB or Fastboot (although I less familiar with Fastboot)... If I enter recovery by holding down power and volume down, it asks if I want to reset the phone, but doing so just gives me an error "error: boot certification verify" and reboots...

Is there any way I can connect via adb, fastboot, or some method to modify the build.prop file?

Thank you!!
5th September 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 893

1,145 posts
More
@rockon83 I dont think there is a way to enter fastboot mode like that without a modded bootloader and adb also not.
You can try to get into download mode and flash stock kdz/tot again and then normal flash to keep your app data.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
Thanks wulsic... If I press and hold the volume up and then plug in the usb cable, it just shows the charging battery symbol... I can't seem to get into download mode....

Am I screwed?
5th September 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 257

886 posts
More
If You're just rooted can't you simply enter stock recovery and factory reset? Turn off the phone, hold vol down + power button together, when LG logo appears release then just hold power button. That should get you into stock recovery where you can factory reset.
5th September 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan17

If You're just rooted can't you simply enter stock recovery and factory reset? Turn off the phone, hold vol down + power button together, when LG logo appears release then just hold power button. That should get you into stock recovery where you can factory reset.

Thanks revan... I tried that and I get an "error: boot certification verify" and the phone simply restarts....

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
6th September 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 73

102 posts
More
Same situation happened to me except for the not being to get into download mode part. Only way I was able to resolve it was to flash back to stock via the tot method. I used this video How to Unbrick or Restore the LG G2 ATT Version: http://youtu.be/kqw_LFuyHbE
I think there is a thread on here on how to fix not being able to get into download mode. But I think it's for the D802.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Found it, but like I said I don't know if it will help you out.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142
8th September 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Daytona Beach
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
More
You can do try a factory reset. Hold down the VOL - and power, when you see the LG logo, let go then press and hold the power again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread