Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q&A] [Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development

QA Bot
24th November 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
24th November 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

8 posts
I have problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel7501@live.com

Took me a while to find this on my old posts, but here it is. This should work with EVERY d802 kitkat aosp based ROM out there so here it goes:

All you have to do is look for the Meta-inf folder>Com>Google>Android and the updater-script file should be there. Download Notepad ++ and open the updater script with it.

The first lines that you have to edit should look like this:

Edit them so it looks exactly like this, and make sure to keep the same format. All you have to do is change the "d802" and "galbi" for "d803"

Like this:

After that, replace the boot.img with the Furnace Kernel boot.img (the one made for aosp, it works with most 4.4 roms), save and close the zip. Put it in your phone and flash, along with the G-apps and optionally the QuickRemote.zip if you want to get remote functionality.

If you don't feel comfortable with replacing the boot.IMG yourself, skip the boot.IMG replacing part and go straight ahead and flash the modified ROM.zip and afterwards flash the furnacekernel.zip

If I didn't make things understandable, just say it and I'll take the time to explain more when I get home. I'm replying from the phone and its kinda hard to do quotes and stuff on chrome

Dude it work for instal but it always go on Fastboot ...what the problem ?
28th November 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #3  
San Juan, PR
Thanks Meter: 101

237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lermitev

Dude it work for instal but it always go on Fastboot ...what the problem ?

Depends on what Kernel and rom you used. Ever since they updated roms to use either LG 4.4.2 sources or just JB sources it got a bit tricky. It seems youre using a JB kernel on a KitKat sourced rom.
12th December 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 97

480 posts
More
Hi guys, I'm new here from hard bricking Claro 803/801. I'm very confused on what to install and what not - the official version of TWRP seems to be 2.6.32 but there is a 2.8 material design version. Again with roms, I'm not sure what is allowed and what is not. For someone fairly used to Cyanogenmod on my One X and also having heard of Cloudy G3, what would you guys recommend
20th February 2015, 08:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

0 posts
Question re: D803 vs D801
Hi, I was referred here from a reddit sub while looking for information, it looks like there are lots of knowledgeable people here so I thought I'd post.

First off, for context, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to doing any sort of modifications to a cell phone; pretty much everything I've read here over my head. Rooting? Flashing? No clue what those are

I currently have a D803, and I love this phone. But, I do NOT love my carrier, as I'm being charged ridiculous fees, so I'd like to switch. The problem is the carrier I'd like to go with does not support the D803, as they use the AWS 1700 band (from what I can gather), which means I need a D801, in theory.

I saw someone advertising they can modify my model of phone (among others) to work on the carrier I'm interested in, for $25. Do you guys know if this is even possible? If so, could someone explain to me what the risks would be?

Thanks!
21st February 2015, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chettwk4

Hi, I was referred here from a reddit sub while looking for information, it looks like there are lots of knowledgeable people here so I thought I'd post.

First off, for context, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to doing any sort of modifications to a cell phone; pretty much everything I've read here over my head. Rooting? Flashing? No clue what those are

I currently have a D803, and I love this phone. But, I do NOT love my carrier, as I'm being charged ridiculous fees, so I'd like to switch. The problem is the carrier I'd like to go with does not support the D803, as they use the AWS 1700 band (from what I can gather), which means I need a D801, in theory.

I saw someone advertising they can modify my model of phone (among others) to work on the carrier I'm interested in, for $25. Do you guys know if this is even possible? If so, could someone explain to me what the risks would be?

Thanks!

While I cannot speak for the LG G2, I know that with the Skyrocket I was able to flash a modified rom to have it work with Wind's AWS system. It only worked in places close to their towers but never very well. However since the 801 (T-mobile) works on AWS you may want to buy one of those/swap or maybe see if you can flash that radio (D801). NOTE: I cannot guarantee that will work and flashing the wrong radio may seriously damage your device, or so I've heard.
21st March 2015, 06:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Abidjan
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
More
Thanks for helping LTE WORKIN
Thank u so much
am running validus rom l7 march 18th update
i couldnt lte on my phone
but i read ur thread and it fixed it for me using this dialer "*#*#4636#*#*"

thansk u soo much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread