Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Screen issues after rooting

Tip us?

bad_HABIT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Help! Screen issues after rooting

Well I've got myself into a situation and need some help and knowledge.

Just bought this phone today. After playing with the phone for an hour I decided to root and flash recovery by the following method
TowelRoot
Downloaded SuperSU from the play store
Then AutoRec

Right after the AutoRec reboot, my screen started having issues. When I try to wake up the device its all black and lines. Like the screen was 'broken'. The only method to fix this is to hold power button for 5 or seconds until device reboots. Issue reappears as soon as the screen times out and device goes to sleep. I searched without any answers so I'm wondering if I have a faulty device which I should return or if I did something wrong while rooting because that is when the issue appeared

Anyone?

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_HABIT View Post
Well I've got myself into a situation and need some help and knowledge.

Just bought this phone today. After playing with the phone for an hour I decided to root and flash recovery by the following method
TowelRoot
Downloaded SuperSU from the play store
Then AutoRec

Right after the AutoRec reboot, my screen started having issues. When I try to wake up the device its all black and lines. Like the screen was 'broken'. The only method to fix this is to hold power button for 5 or seconds until device reboots. Issue reappears as soon as the screen times out and device goes to sleep. I searched without any answers so I'm wondering if I have a faulty device which I should return or if I did something wrong while rooting because that is when the issue appeared

Anyone?
That's not good you should flash stock images to see if that will fix it, use the thread in general forum on how to go back to stock

corrsea
Old
Thanks Meter 595
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769770

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meangreenie
Old
(Last edited by meangreenie; 9th July 2014 at 05:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 620
read the autorec thread here.. it has a solution

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=281
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meangreenie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexis2044
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lines are associated either with a wrong kernel, ie using an LGD panel kernel while having a JDI panel device, or due to permanent damage to the screen that is speculated to be caused by lack of thermal control in certain scenarios. The latter is a permanent issue which means you would see lines even when booting.

To check if you have an LGD or JDI panel you can follow the instructions here.

Flash the appropriate kernel to fix the problem.