Ask a question

No registration required

Help! Screen issues after rooting

OP bad_HABIT

9th July 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
Well I've got myself into a situation and need some help and knowledge.

Just bought this phone today. After playing with the phone for an hour I decided to root and flash recovery by the following method
TowelRoot
Downloaded SuperSU from the play store
Then AutoRec

Right after the AutoRec reboot, my screen started having issues. When I try to wake up the device its all black and lines. Like the screen was 'broken'. The only method to fix this is to hold power button for 5 or seconds until device reboots. Issue reappears as soon as the screen times out and device goes to sleep. I searched without any answers so I'm wondering if I have a faulty device which I should return or if I did something wrong while rooting because that is when the issue appeared

Anyone?
9th July 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los angeles
Thanks Meter: 174

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_HABIT

Well I've got myself into a situation and need some help and knowledge.

Just bought this phone today. After playing with the phone for an hour I decided to root and flash recovery by the following method
TowelRoot
Downloaded SuperSU from the play store
Then AutoRec

Right after the AutoRec reboot, my screen started having issues. When I try to wake up the device its all black and lines. Like the screen was 'broken'. The only method to fix this is to hold power button for 5 or seconds until device reboots. Issue reappears as soon as the screen times out and device goes to sleep. I searched without any answers so I'm wondering if I have a faulty device which I should return or if I did something wrong while rooting because that is when the issue appeared

Anyone?

That's not good you should flash stock images to see if that will fix it, use the thread in general forum on how to go back to stock
9th July 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,485 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769770

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 662

2,264 posts
read the autorec thread here.. it has a solution

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=281
Last edited by meangreenie; 9th July 2014 at 06:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meangreenie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Lines are associated either with a wrong kernel, ie using an LGD panel kernel while having a JDI panel device, or due to permanent damage to the screen that is speculated to be caused by lack of thermal control in certain scenarios. The latter is a permanent issue which means you would see lines even when booting.

To check if you have an LGD or JDI panel you can follow the instructions here.

Flash the appropriate kernel to fix the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread