Post Reply

[Q] Help Needed Soft bricked LG G2

OP LaEezus

28th July 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Ok so My lg g2 can go into download mode and i can get it into twrp recovery but i accidentally completley wiped the phone out and my SD card so now im stuck with an empty lg g2 that can factory reset into TWRP recovery but nothing in the storage and no i do not have a backup anymore
i tried to do the Kdz firmware update but its a LGVS980-24A and i followed the steps but i dont get the language window where i have to chose korea and the language instead the LGB2c pops up and say its already up to date so nothing happens....So what do i do now any suggestions im totally up for someone taking over the computer and doing it for me bcuz imma noob at this stuff
28th July 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #2  
Nigglenuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 83
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaEezus

Ok so My lg g2 can go into download mode and i can get it into twrp recovery but i accidentally completley wiped the phone out and my SD card so now im stuck with an empty lg g2 that can factory reset into TWRP recovery but nothing in the storage and no i do not have a backup anymore
i tried to do the Kdz firmware update but its a LGVS980-24A and i followed the steps but i dont get the language window where i have to chose korea and the language instead the LGB2c pops up and say its already up to date so nothing happens....So what do i do now any suggestions im totally up for someone taking over the computer and doing it for me bcuz imma noob at this stuff

Look up "15 second ADB" and install that. No need for the sdk. Download a Rom to your computer. Put it in a file while it's still in a zip file. Make sure you have adb and LG drivers installed. Right click inside the folder that contains your Rom.zip. and hit "open command terminal here" then type "adb devices" if you installed the drivers and 15 second adb it will display your phone Id inside the terminal. Then you have to adb push Rom.zip to your phone. I've had to do this TWICE.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Pm me if you need further assistance

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Nigglenuts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Clearing it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigglenuts

Look up "15 second ADB" and install that. No need for the sdk. Download a Rom to your computer. Put it in a file while it's still in a zip file. Make sure you have adb and LG drivers installed. Right click inside the folder that contains your Rom.zip. and hit "open command terminal here" then type "adb devices" if you installed the drivers and 15 second adb it will display your phone Id inside the terminal. Then you have to adb push Rom.zip to your phone. I've had to do this TWICE.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Pm me if you need further assistance

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

When you say put it in a file do you mean a new folder?
28th July 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #4  
corrsea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 612
 
1,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
If you have any problems with adb just get an otg (on the go cable) and attach a pen drive with whatever you want to flash. Mount it in twrp and flash as usual.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #5  
Nigglenuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 83
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaEezus

When you say put it in a file do you mean a new folder?

Precisely

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank