ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

is it safe to restore nandroid backup twrp?

OP Abu7500

2nd July 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
i installed a custom rom which i think changed the kernel and a few other stuff and now i want to go to the cloudypro 2 but im not sure how to get stock kernel lg g2 d802 back but anyway i have a nandroid backup of stock os if i were to restore it would my phone brick???/
2nd July 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 389

1,404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu7500

i installed a custom rom which i think changed the kernel and a few other stuff and now i want to go to the cloudypro 2 but im not sure how to get stock kernel lg g2 d802 back but anyway i have a nandroid backup of stock os if i were to restore it would my phone brick???/

If I understand correctly, you're currently on a ROM and wish to flash a different because the kernel changed?

If so, you can reflash the ROM your currently on and restore the original kernel. Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik/system (you don't have to wipe data) then relfash your ROM. You don't have to wipe data if flashing the same ROM you're currently on. If switching to another ROM, make sure to wipe everything except internal SD card (data/cache/dalvik/system).
2nd July 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

If I understand correctly, you're currently on a ROM and wish to flash a different because the kernel changed?

If so, you can reflash the ROM your currently on and restore the original kernel. Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik/system (you don't have to wipe data) then relfash your ROM. You don't have to wipe data if flashing the same ROM you're currently on. If switching to another ROM, make sure to wipe everything except internal SD card (data/cache/dalvik/system).

If i flash the cloudypro rom what steps would i have to take-----would i have to change the kernel???? or baseband ???? im a noob
3rd July 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 389

1,404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu7500

If i flash the cloudypro rom what steps would i have to take-----would i have to change the kernel???? or baseband ???? im a noob

What ROM/baseband/android version are you on right now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread