Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

is it safe to restore nandroid backup twrp?

2nd July 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
i installed a custom rom which i think changed the kernel and a few other stuff and now i want to go to the cloudypro 2 but im not sure how to get stock kernel lg g2 d802 back but anyway i have a nandroid backup of stock os if i were to restore it would my phone brick???/
2nd July 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 390

1,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu7500

i installed a custom rom which i think changed the kernel and a few other stuff and now i want to go to the cloudypro 2 but im not sure how to get stock kernel lg g2 d802 back but anyway i have a nandroid backup of stock os if i were to restore it would my phone brick???/

If I understand correctly, you're currently on a ROM and wish to flash a different because the kernel changed?

If so, you can reflash the ROM your currently on and restore the original kernel. Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik/system (you don't have to wipe data) then relfash your ROM. You don't have to wipe data if flashing the same ROM you're currently on. If switching to another ROM, make sure to wipe everything except internal SD card (data/cache/dalvik/system).
2nd July 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

If I understand correctly, you're currently on a ROM and wish to flash a different because the kernel changed?

If so, you can reflash the ROM your currently on and restore the original kernel. Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik/system (you don't have to wipe data) then relfash your ROM. You don't have to wipe data if flashing the same ROM you're currently on. If switching to another ROM, make sure to wipe everything except internal SD card (data/cache/dalvik/system).

If i flash the cloudypro rom what steps would i have to take-----would i have to change the kernel???? or baseband ???? im a noob
3rd July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 390

1,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu7500

If i flash the cloudypro rom what steps would i have to take-----would i have to change the kernel???? or baseband ???? im a noob

What ROM/baseband/android version are you on right now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread