Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] LG G2 - Fastboot mode started udc_start

12th December 2013, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everybody,

Last night i recieve update for my lg g2 d802 ( update to D80210c)
I downloaded and click install button on update. Phone rebooted and opened twrp. I had rooted device with twrp . After that i couldnt start phone OS, just starting twrp again and again . After that i click on restore to backup nandroid backup i have. It restored backup and than reboot system . After that i have just few words in top left angle :

450 Fastboot mode started
500 udc_started()

After i connect my usb cable have few more :

500 udc_started()
660 -reset-
670 -portchange-
740 fastboot; processing commands

What should i do now, is this device completly bricked?
12th December 2013, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordjesl

Hello everybody,

I downloaded and click install button on update. Phone rebooted and opened twrp. I had rooted device with twrp . After that i couldnt start phone OS, just starting twrp again and again . After that i click on restore to backup nandroid backup i have. It restored backup and than reboot system . After that i have just few words in top left angle :

500 udc_started()

500 udc_started()
660 -reset-
670 -portchange-

Good to know i wasn't the only one

Im just able to start researching now, i'll update if i find anything, but i assume there's some kind of command that can be given via adb to disable the fastboot and allow the phone os to resume functioning, as my logic indicates since the restore worked for you, your phone is now simply at a point with no attempted update. i did the same process of clicking reboot, twrp looping, restored a backup and twrp still looping

EDIT: Pretty sure it's going to be a flag in a flat file. Combing over my init.rc file now, and i found a strange file called smpl_boot with a single 0 in it, not sure what it does
Last edited by BStinsonWhadup; 12th December 2013 at 04:41 AM.
12th December 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 23

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStinsonWhadup

Im just able to start researching now, i'll update if i find anything, but i assume there's some kind of command that can be given via adb to disable the fastboot and allow the phone os to resume functioning, as my logic indicates since the restore worked for you, your phone is now simply at a point with no attempted update. i did the same process of clicking reboot, twrp looping, restored a backup and twrp still looping

Can you enter Download Mode? (Holding volume down when G2 is turned off and plug the USB)

I also experienced this when restore using TWRP. But fortunately I can flash back to stock.
12th December 2013, 03:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:

I think you dont understand me, when i did restore twrp shows that restore was completed, and when i do a reboot it shows
500 udc_started()

Now i cant do nothing with phone, i try to power off and turn on it just go to
500 udc_started()
12th December 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #5  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordjesl

I think you dont understand me, when i did restore twrp shows that restore was completed, and when i do a reboot it shows
500 udc_started()

Now i cant do nothing with phone, i try to power off and turn on it just go to
500 udc_started()

ahh i misread your post thinking you somehow had status messages on your screen during boot and that you got into TWRP each time. the question above this post asking about download mode may help you
12th December 2013, 01:43 PM   |  #6  

18 posts
Quote:

ahh i misread your post thinking you somehow had status messages on your screen during boot and that you got into TWRP each time. the question above this post asking about download mode may help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

specifically:

adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

fixed it for me for anyone finding this post that CAN get to TWRP, the above linked post has other hints as well that may work for OP
The Following User Says Thank You to BStinsonWhadup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2013, 05:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Rogers Park
Thanks Meter: 72

308 posts
More
I got this same thing when I tried to update TWRP using flashify, I can reboot to phone , running CleanRom 2.0 but not to recovery in order to flash other stuff.
8th January 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #8  
Flag Frisco Texas
Thanks Meter: 18

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossito2012

I got this same thing when I tried to update TWRP using flashify, I can reboot to phone , running CleanRom 2.0 but not to recovery in order to flash other stuff.

I somehow managed to do this as well. Did you get yours working again?

Edit: Fixed it up with this APP (Note that 3 other similar apps did NOT work): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.freegee_free
Last edited by RCantw3ll; 8th January 2014 at 05:32 PM.
8th January 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #9  
Flag Frisco Texas
Thanks Meter: 18

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozzo1

Hello everybody,

500 udc_started()

500 udc_started()
660 -reset-
670 -portchange-

My situation is a little different than yours, but you may be able to do this method (which is what I am working on at the moment). As long as you can get into download mode.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
19th January 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #10  

4 posts
help !!
Hi, sorry for my english , I'm french

I wanted to flash a custom rom on my LG G2 D802 .
I wanted the Paranoid Android (PA +) with 4.3 JellyBean .

So I made the
Backup
Wipe data / factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik Cache
After I
Choose zip ( custom ROM ) from sd card
Then I
Reboot System Now
And turn on my laptop, I get an error message saying

[640 ] started Fastboot Mode
[ 690] udc start ()

I realized I had to flash AOSP kernel before changing to a ROM paranoid . But my kernel is blocked and so I have to go back to the stock ROM
When I did this tutorial using lg tools , flashing stops at 49% with an error message .

I also saw that I could access the recovery mod by following this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...?t=2565904(but I saw that I could not otherwise reboot my phone after it was bricking ) and therefore flash my stock Rom which I had made the backup . But I do not know if the ROM has been saved and if it remained in my files after the Wipes.
If it is not there, is that in buying a micro USB ====> HUSB adapter, I could install a stock ROM from a USB key ? Or is there a way I can put files from my computer to my laptop which has no port micro sd?
And is what I could with my kernel "blocked " ?

Thank you very much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank