FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

is it safe to restore nandroid backup twrp?

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Abu7500, Junior Member on 2nd July 2014, 06:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i installed a custom rom which i think changed the kernel and a few other stuff and now i want to go to the cloudypro 2 but im not sure how to get stock kernel lg g2 d802 back but anyway i have a nandroid backup of stock os if i were to restore it would my phone brick???/
 
 
2nd July 2014, 09:33 PM |#2  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu7500

i installed a custom rom which i think changed the kernel and a few other stuff and now i want to go to the cloudypro 2 but im not sure how to get stock kernel lg g2 d802 back but anyway i have a nandroid backup of stock os if i were to restore it would my phone brick???/

If I understand correctly, you're currently on a ROM and wish to flash a different because the kernel changed?

If so, you can reflash the ROM your currently on and restore the original kernel. Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik/system (you don't have to wipe data) then relfash your ROM. You don't have to wipe data if flashing the same ROM you're currently on. If switching to another ROM, make sure to wipe everything except internal SD card (data/cache/dalvik/system).
2nd July 2014, 10:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

If I understand correctly, you're currently on a ROM and wish to flash a different because the kernel changed?

If so, you can reflash the ROM your currently on and restore the original kernel. Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik/system (you don't have to wipe data) then relfash your ROM. You don't have to wipe data if flashing the same ROM you're currently on. If switching to another ROM, make sure to wipe everything except internal SD card (data/cache/dalvik/system).



If i flash the cloudypro rom what steps would i have to take-----would i have to change the kernel???? or baseband ???? im a noob
3rd July 2014, 04:33 PM |#4  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu7500

If i flash the cloudypro rom what steps would i have to take-----would i have to change the kernel???? or baseband ???? im a noob

What ROM/baseband/android version are you on right now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes