Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HUGE battery drain, WTF is this wakelock?!?!?!!

OP strodda

18th November 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

52 posts
I've searched and can't find anything. I've installed multiple apps to help figure it out, but it never gets better. The pics say it all... what the hell is going on? I have flashed multiple ROMs and it never gets better. And yes, I wipe and do a clean install every time. This event6/irq thing is killing me. The phone never goes into deep sleep.

19th November 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 1,155

1,267 posts
More
@strodda there are maybe more wcd9xxx-irq related things but if you read this file
https://android.googlesource.com/ker.../wcd9xxx-irq.c
which is also getting used for compiling then you will read also about PM_locks wakelocks. I also believe that it's getting used for some audio related things but I am not sure and I am too tired to find it out. I don't know or it's normal cause I never use any other app to see what apps were the most intensive for the battery then the included feature in settings.
If you have any audio mods, I suggest to turn them off/turn them a bit down since setting audio quality high on viper4android or some other sound mods are asking for alot of cpu usage, just like on games.
I also suggest to try Dorimanx Kernel or some other kernel in the development forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread