FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Huge unremovable system data file in internal storage

23rd August 2014, 07:22 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I upgrade my D802 from Cloudy G3 1.2 to Cloudy G3 1.3. It was a clean install. Wipe everything, install from USB OTG, with TWRP 2.7.0.0
The ROM work very well, but i found a 21GB Sytem Data file in internal storage. I can't remove it. I try 3 different recovery to wipe the internal storage, use KDZ flash, factory update tool, and the file still in here.

Any idea how can i remove the junk? (PC can't see it, only ~10GB free space)

Thank for help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 2.png
Views:	599
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	2909289  
 
 
23rd August 2014, 08:03 PM |#2  
meangreenie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 672
 
More
twrp has a 'format userdata' option.. at least on other phones.. try that, then reinstall rom
23rd August 2014, 08:17 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenie

twrp has a 'format userdata' option.. at least on other phones.. try that, then reinstall rom

i tryed, nothing happened, the file is still in here.
23rd August 2014, 09:50 PM |#4  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion1010

I upgrade my D802 from Cloudy G3 1.2 to Cloudy G3 1.3. It was a clean install. Wipe everything, install from USB OTG, with TWRP 2.7.0.0
The ROM work very well, but i found a 21GB Sytem Data file in internal storage. I can't remove it. I try 3 different recovery to wipe the internal storage, use KDZ flash, factory update tool, and the file still in here.

Any idea how can i remove the junk? (PC can't see it, only ~10GB free space)

Thank for help.

you completely sure you did clean install(wiped data/system/cache/dalvik) the system size looks like what would happen if you dirty flashed since it should only be about 8gb in size with cg3 1.3
24th August 2014, 03:48 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

you completely sure you did clean install(wiped data/system/cache/dalvik) the system size looks like what would happen if you dirty flashed since it should only be about 8gb in size with cg3 1.3

Yes, iam sure.
24th August 2014, 08:22 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Try DiskUsage
24th August 2014, 08:55 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueduke80

Try DiskUsage

Just the 10GB available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-24-09-39-38.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (32.0 KB, 345 views)
24th August 2014, 06:06 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Diskusage with root?
Did you try to play with partitions?
Give us the historical of the roms installations.
25th August 2014, 03:39 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Found the solution!
I started the wrong way in the beginning.
This method bring my storage space back: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48425172757726

Thx guys

http://www.kephost.com/image/j08
Last edited by Illusion1010; 25th August 2014 at 03:46 AM. Reason: insert pic.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes