OP player911

18th August 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 917

6,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the Verizon G2 and just wondering if anyone else notices the incoming call screen changes. Sometimes I have the screen where the answer/decline buttons are circles and require a slide but other times I have an answer screen with big squares for answer/decline and require a press.

I can not figure out the reasoning why this screen changes formats. I just had 2 calls from the same person and each call was different.

When I'm in a call and get a 2nd call, it normally the big squares. What sucks is that when talking and the phone is on my cheek, the 2nd call comes in, turns on the display and with the huge buttons, I've answered and declined a few calls with my cheek.

I also notice with the latest update that the screen is turning on more often and my face starts hitting buttons. Mostly the clock from the statusbar notification shade, go into time settings and messes up my time. Usually I find my clock in 24hr mode. Today it was 2hours off.

I'm not sure if notifications coming in while on a call is turning the screen on or if the sensor is getting whacky. Its getting to the point where it is becoming annoying so I'm posting about it.

Anyone else notice the dual answer screen formats and having issues with being on calls and the screen turning on? I've been having to hit the power button to force the screen from coming on and launching stuff or toggling my notification stuff.
18th August 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 259

901 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

I have the Verizon G2 and just wondering if anyone else notices the incoming call screen changes. Sometimes I have the screen where the answer/decline buttons are circles and require a slide but other times I have an answer screen with big squares for answer/decline and require a press.

I can not figure out the reasoning why this screen changes formats. I just had 2 calls from the same person and each call was different.

When I'm in a call and get a 2nd call, it normally the big squares. What sucks is that when talking and the phone is on my cheek, the 2nd call comes in, turns on the display and with the huge buttons, I've answered and declined a few calls with my cheek.

I also notice with the latest update that the screen is turning on more often and my face starts hitting buttons. Mostly the clock from the statusbar notification shade, go into time settings and messes up my time. Usually I find my clock in 24hr mode. Today it was 2hours off.

I'm not sure if notifications coming in while on a call is turning the screen on or if the sensor is getting whacky. Its getting to the point where it is becoming annoying so I'm posting about it.

Anyone else notice the dual answer screen formats and having issues with being on calls and the screen turning on? I've been having to hit the power button to force the screen from coming on and launching stuff or toggling my notification stuff.

I have the exact same problem. I actually factory reset the phone to no avail. It's weird absolutely. But I've learned to live with it by not pressing the whole phone on my cheek, instead it's held at a slight angle, just the top speaker on my ear and the rest away from my face. The phone gets less dirty and there's no chance I'll press some things with my face.
8th September 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 917

6,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've found that if you manually turn the phone off via power button, it'll stay off. The problem is then ending the call since pulling it away won't turn on the screen.

However I am still curious about the Incoming Call screen theme. Sometimes it uses the small Circles that you click and drag while other calls use the big square button theme. It flip flops randomly.

I can't remember if the Incoming call screen would flip flop before but the screen on/off bug was introduced in 4.4.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread